The Student Room Group

WJEC religious studies

Anyone know unit 3 Welsh board predictions?
Religion with virtue or Kant
hey!! you guys doing VE and Kant?
Original post by djhodnett
hey!! you guys doing VE and Kant?

Yeah I am! What do you think will come up?
Original post by Icantdoalevels
Yeah I am! What do you think will come up?

i thought i would never find someone on tsr doing this course! on VE maybe we will have to write connections with just for or against religion? or maybe they will specifically say philosophers such as Alasdair or Foot? what do you think. and kant i have no clue
Reply 5
i thought i would never find someone on tsr doing this course! on VE maybe we will have to write connections with just for or against religion? or maybe they will specifically say philosophers such as Alasdair or Foot? what do you think. and kant i have no clue

I'm doing Kant and Just war theory! Really hoping for categorical imperative and nuclear weapons to show up!!
Original post by Charl4597
I'm doing Kant and Just war theory! Really hoping for categorical imperative and nuclear weapons to show up!!

hmm categorical imperative its self seems to simple, do you think anything else will come up for kant
Reply 7
hmm categorical imperative its self seems to simple, do you think anything else will come up for kant

Hmm, horrible feeling it could be about the importance of the individual! In which case I'm stuffed! Also might just cry if synthetic and analytic statements comes up as the 30 mark question! Hopefully it will be categorical imperative and religion!!

Same here! You were the only one who came up for WJEC. For Kant they might do one with WD Ross for the 30? For Virtue I reckon a religious Q might come up, whether that's 20/30 marks I'm not sure. I'm so nervous
Hmm, horrible feeling it could be about the importance of the individual! In which case I'm stuffed! Also might just cry if synthetic and analytic statements comes up as the 30 mark question! Hopefully it will be categorical imperative and religion!!

That's what it was last year so I wouldn't worry. Plus it's quite simple as it's just a straightforward outline Kant essay just using the key words from the title
Reply 10
Original post by Icantdoalevels
Same here! You were the only one who came up for WJEC. For Kant they might do one with WD Ross for the 30? For Virtue I reckon a religious Q might come up, whether that's 20/30 marks I'm not sure. I'm so nervous

I won't mind if it's WD Ross!! I might manage with that! However I think that was the 20 mark last year! I'm not doing virtue unfortunately because I just can't remember any of it haha! So I picked just war theory as I find it a bit more simple!

importance of the individual?
Yeah it's so basic, just add a little bit about the prima facies on the end! Oooh good luck! I'm sure you will be fine! :smile:
Reply 13
importance of the individual?

Yes!! The stuff about freedom and reasoning! That's what our teacher calls it but I don't know haha!
Yes!! The stuff about freedom and reasoning! That's what our teacher calls it but I don't know haha!

oh right i haven't been given a book or any resource's for the exam lol, how would you get 30 marks out of analytical and synthetic reasoning?

Is it the rationality and autonomy and Kant rejects euthyphro alternatives?
Reply 16
oh right i haven't been given a book or any resource's for the exam lol, how would you get 30 marks out of analytical and synthetic reasoning?

I have no idea lol but my teacher said if that comes up, avoid it like the plague and pick another topic... Which I'll struggle with as I only know 2!
I have no idea lol but my teacher said if that comes up, avoid it like the plague and pick another topic... Which I'll struggle with as I only know 2!

I think it's literally just a basic Kant Q but I'm not too sure

Quick Reply

Latest