The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9300
Original post by gabzy
wow, okay so I could feel it after an hour! This is the weirdest thing ever. Everything feels slow, I also felt a little bit nauseous but it's okay now.
Could you share more about it? Did it help you? How did you feel? Sorry im just interested

Sure :smile: I definitely felt better than I had before taking it but its difficult to say how much of that was situational. Basically I had been taking fluoxetine at university but it wasnt doing anything for me and I ended up taking a year out. So I came home and started citalopram, which makes it hard to separate the effect of it from the effect of being looked after.
I have changed antidepressants again - it can take a while to find the one thats right for you - but while I was on citalopram I felt a little more positive about things, and more able to actually do stuff. It basically started to feel like I was going back to my old self a little. Unfortunately for me that didnt continue, hence the change again, but I know for some people it works well.
Hope this is at least a little bit helpful
:cry2: I'm ****
Original post by Little Popcorns
:cry2: I'm ****

What's wrong? I'm here, if you need me/ want to talk x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've officially finished at my school...

It feels weird... Several people asked me how i felt today and i honestly didn't know how to reply to them... It's strange to think i won't walk those corridors again...
Attempting to do a Math paper, but can't seem to concentrate because I feel so stressed about my upcoming exams.:frown: I just want to put my books away and go sleep.
Original post by CurlyLox
Attempting to do a Math paper, but can't seem to concentrate because I feel so stressed about my upcoming exams.:frown: I just want to put my books away and go sleep.

They'll soon be over, then you can put your books away and sleep. Maybe have a short nap, and then go back to the maths x
Original post by Midnightmemories
I've officially finished at my school...

It feels weird... Several people asked me how i felt today and i honestly didn't know how to reply to them... It's strange to think i won't walk those corridors again...

I don't know how your school experience was but i was very glad to not have to walk down those corridors or into those rooms any more. I guess thats what years of being bullied does to you.

It's only up from here, you now have a real choice in what you do! Generally there aren't as many ********s too, in the big wide world of work and further education. There are still some lurking about, but generally people shun them.
Original post by Meaty_man
I don't know how your school experience was but i was very glad to not have to walk down those corridors or into those rooms any more. I guess thats what years of being bullied does to you.

It's only up from here, you now have a real choice in what you do! Generally there aren't as many ********s too, in the big wide world of work and further education. There are still some lurking about, but generally people shun them.

I ended up having to see the school counsellor (I made her cry this morning because i had to say goodbye to her... She's proud of me and what i've achieved. We're going to attempt to keep in contact) pretty much once a week since about the end of year nine, because of how much the bullying ended up getting to me and stuff... I think the bullying caused most of my issues if I'm being honest. I've been bullied since i was a seven year old across various schools and people and areas. In a way, I'm glad that i don't have to walk down those corridors anymore, or go into certain rooms. But at the same time I'm going to miss the people that made my time great and also those teachers that kept me in school when everything got tough...

Come september, i'll be in college studying child care at some level, at this point i don't know because of my maths. I have several days in college over the summer so i can get used to it and that means i won't be as anxious about attending college that first day. I think college is going to be so much better for me...
Got back to uni and as soon as I sat down in the library I felt a sinking feeling and lost all motivation to do anything. And now I'm back in my uni house I feel even worse. Can't wait to move home for good on Friday.
Original post by Midnightmemories
I ended up having to see the school counsellor (I made her cry this morning because i had to say goodbye to her... She's proud of me and what i've achieved. We're going to attempt to keep in contact) pretty much once a week since about the end of year nine, because of how much the bullying ended up getting to me and stuff... I think the bullying caused most of my issues if I'm being honest. I've been bullied since i was a seven year old across various schools and people and areas. In a way, I'm glad that i don't have to walk down those corridors anymore, or go into certain rooms. But at the same time I'm going to miss the people that made my time great and also those teachers that kept me in school when everything got tough...

Come september, i'll be in college studying child care at some level, at this point i don't know because of my maths. I have several days in college over the summer so i can get used to it and that means i won't be as anxious about attending college that first day. I think college is going to be so much better for me...

At least you had good support by the sounds of it, through friends, teachers and your counsellor. Its real nice to hear you'll stay in touch :smile:

I didn't attend college myself so I can't speak from experience, but from what my friends tell me its similar to uni in quite a few ways; people get along for the most part, and the teachers treat you more like adults instead of children.

Don't know if this holds true all the time but higher education is normally more relaxed, at least until exams time :tongue: teachers are not on your ass because you missed a single day, kinda thing.

Sounds like a good idea to get used to the place before you start proper :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Not too bad, thanks. Did a conference paper yesterday and it went OK! :biggrin: Then had a mammoth sleep :moon:

Ooh what's a conference paper?
ironandbeer2
conference paper?

It's where you put together your research into 20 minutes of talking/PowerPoint slides and then you present it to a scholarly audience :biggrin:
It's where you put together your research into 20 minutes of talking/PowerPoint slides and then you present it to a scholarly audience :biggrin:

Nice!! Well done! What was the occasion and topic?
people are a ****ing enigma. bored of it all
Original post by Tree321
I used to be like that, maybe if your next exam isn't soon then take a break for a bit so you feel refreshed and then try and work, you literally have to force yourself, and think about when it's over x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you are right. Thanks for your help. Sadly exams are hidding near and in addition I have to write a whole project, as I had no sufficient useful stuff out of the past seven month to write about. :frown: I already bloked some websites, but I am really terrible...maybe I just write notes, remembering to work and work more in the library.
(edited 8 years ago)
ironandbeer2
:wavey:

It was a conference at my uni and the topic was about how musical analysis is a bit **** :tongue:
It was a conference at my uni and the topic was about how musical analysis is a bit **** :tongue:

Ah. And what makes you say that? :colonhash:
Original post by ironandbeer2
Ah. And what makes you say that? :colonhash:

I'm just a rebel like that :pierre:
I'm just a rebel like that :pierre:

I love the rebels!
customers laughing at how I speak = sad sockle :frown:

I can't help that I sometimes mess up the start of words but then they laugh, like if I say 'fifty three pounds' they'll be like oh it sounds like you're saying £3 and I feel awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest