The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student0042
Well it was out of 7. You would miss one for finding c, one for rearranging and maybe one for substituting x and t?

So maybe 3, or 4 marks?

I integrated both sides, and then left it.

It was f(x) = f(t) + c so I thought that was right.

Didn't re-arrange or find what C was. How many marks then? 4 or 5?
Reply 2201
i might get around 55 marks do you think it will be enough for an A? last year it was 59 for A*...
Original post by CD223
Dude I wouldn't fret. We can't possibly speculate accurately enough to comfort you. I know it's tough because bath have put the grades up (which I think it's downright unfair during the exam season - what about the people who applied with AAB as the max they could achieve?).

I couldn't predict it. I hope it is enough though man. Your determination gets one from me anyway haha! Apart from anything, it would be great if you did get in - we could meet up on Freshers week!

You think 64/65 will be enough? I just desperately want an A*. I don't necessarily need it as such. It's just for the amount of effort I've put in this year.

Gutted how I did today but hoping C3 made up for it.

Yeah PHYA4 will be tough - join us on that thread dude :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words :smile: I would really like that, I'll buy you a drink :wink: we can reminisce about our A-Levels (who am I kidding haha...!) I hope it would be enough and I too want an a* not only because I need one but also because of all the hard work and effort I've put in all year! :smile: here's hoping! good luck with your physics exam, when is it? :biggrin:
Original post by 2014_GCSE

I don't think the grade boundaries will but THAT high due to the vectors and the last question IMO

Hmmm, probably 4 then.
Original post by ForgottenApple
but I imagine model solutions originate from a teacher

I'm not a teacher, just did my solutions checking with the unofficial mark scheme as I went along. Didn't realise I'd done a few daft errors so I'm sorry about that - trying to rectify that and should have a full set that match up soon!

The question asked for x= f(t) so I dunno, if the only thing you missed was rearranging I can't see you getting less than 4
Original post by CD223
Dude I wouldn't fret. We can't possibly speculate accurately enough to comfort you. I know it's tough because bath have put the grades up (which I think it's downright unfair during the exam season - what about the people who applied with AAB as the max they could achieve?).

I couldn't predict it. I hope it is enough though man. Your determination gets one from me anyway haha! Apart from anything, it would be great if you did get in - we could meet up on Freshers week!

You think 64/65 will be enough? I just desperately want an A*. I don't necessarily need it as such. It's just for the amount of effort I've put in this year.

Gutted how I did today but hoping C3 made up for it.

Yeah PHYA4 will be tough - join us on that thread dude :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crapping myself for phya4:redface:
Reply 2209
Original post by HennersPD
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words :smile: I would really like that, I'll buy you a drink :wink: we can reminisce about our A-Levels (who am I kidding haha...!) I hope it would be enough and I too want an a* not only because I need one but also because of all the hard work and effort I've put in all year! :smile: here's hoping! good luck with your physics exam, when is it? :biggrin:

Hahaha! I can't wait for uni life. Physics on Thursday! (And the next unit is a week Thursday!) gonna have a solid week of physics revision. With a bit of computing and M2 thrown in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is 68 in core 3 and 62 in core 4 enough for 180 ums or below.
Reply 2211
Original post by HenryC0302
I'm not a teacher, just did my solutions checking with the unofficial mark scheme as I went along. Didn't realise I'd done a few daft errors so I'm sorry about that - trying to rectify that and should have a full set that match up soon!

Please don't think we don't appreciate it - I certainly do!

If you don't mind, could I add them to the first post when you're done? I'll give credit obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2212
Original post by Remiepascua
Crapping myself for phya4:redface:

Me too! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3047347

Feel free to join us on the thread where we can all... Crap ourselves together 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by George1231
Is 68 in core 3 and 62 in core 4 enough for 180 ums or below.

This is roughly what I got. For past years, it has been enough, but people think this year is going to be harsher, so maybe, maybe not. :frown: We're in a position where we truly do not know.
Original post by CD223
Hahaha! I can't wait for uni life. Physics on Thursday! (And the next unit is a week Thursday!) gonna have a solid week of physics revision. With a bit of computing and M2 thrown in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ew
Got put off computing last year with the 120 pages of *******ing coursework + 3 hour exam + writing an actual program (tho tbf that part was good)
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i have chemistry unit 4 tomorrow and then physics unit 4 on thursday :/ just hoping in maths i've got at least an A and at a push, low A* :/ who knows?! so worried about it though as it's the one subject I thought i could do really well in :frown:
This is roughly what I got. For past years, it has been enough, but people think this year is going to be harsher, so maybe, maybe not. :frown: We're in a position where we truly do not know.

I think i got the same and if I don't get an A* then I'm screwed for my firm choice uni as i need an A* in maths :frown: anyone else? :/
Original post by HennersPD
I think i got the same and if I don't get an A* then I'm screwed for my firm choice uni as i need an A* in maths :frown: anyone else? :/

My back up uni needs an A* so yes I'm screwed
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude!! What's Computing like at second year? I took it this year and really enjoyed it. I got an A* in my coursework but I'm not that great at coding to be honest, and just managed to push through by working super hard and fixing it little bits at a time.

Will this method work in the second year? :tongue: Because I really want to take the subject, but I'm honestly one of weakest coders in my class (though I somehow stumbled to 30/30 on my project this year through talking with friends and reading stuff online...).
Would 71/75 (MPC3) and 62/75 (MPC4) be enough for 180 UMS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending