The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by George1231
My back up uni needs an A* so yes I'm screwed

oh really what uni and course if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by wtfamidoing
Would 71/75 (MPC3) and 62/75 (MPC4) be enough for 180 UMS?

Easily. So... congratulations, you have an A*!
Original post by HennersPD
oh really what uni and course if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Bath for maths, where's your offer
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Dude!! What's Computing like at second year? I took it this year and really enjoyed it. I got an A* in my coursework but I'm not that great at coding to be honest, and just managed to push through by working super hard and fixing it little bits at a time.

Will this method work in the second year? :tongue: Because I really want to take the subject, but I'm honestly one of weakest coders in my class (though I somehow stumbled to 30/30 on my project this year through talking with friends and reading stuff online...).

Spoiler

Do you guys thing the boundaries will be higher than last year? It certainly felt nicer than last years, especially the vector question! The recent boundaries for C4 have been kind of ridiculous anyway, low is good don't get me wrong but maths exams shouldn't have boundaries that low.
Original post by ForgottenApple

Spoiler

I took Further Maths, so we're doing Maths A-Level in one year.
I took Further Maths, so we're doing Maths A-Level in one year.

hate u :frown:
Original post by CD223
Dude I wouldn't fret. We can't possibly speculate accurately enough to comfort you. I know it's tough because bath have put the grades up (which I think it's downright unfair during the exam season - what about the people who applied with AAB as the max they could achieve?).

I couldn't predict it. I hope it is enough though man. Your determination gets one from me anyway haha! Apart from anything, it would be great if you did get in - we could meet up on Freshers week!

You think 64/65 will be enough? I just desperately want an A*. I don't necessarily need it as such. It's just for the amount of effort I've put in this year.

Gutted how I did today but hoping C3 made up for it.

Yeah PHYA4 will be tough - join us on that thread dude :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only need 90 avg, if you got 100 c3 then you only need 80 and 65 is definitely 80 dude. You've got it.

Yeah I'll join tomorrow, taking a break today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForgottenApple
hate u :frown:

Haha, how come? Because I mean, I'll probably end up re-sitting Core 3 next Summer if I don't get an A* this year, so eh!
Reply 2229
How many marks do you think an A will be please?
Original post by CD223
Please don't think we don't appreciate it - I certainly do!

If you don't mind, could I add them to the first post when you're done? I'll give credit obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please do, the only one I'm struggling with is 6 (c) I can't seem to get the second lot of coordinates for E
Bath for maths, where's your offer

Mine is Bath for chemistry but I've got an increased offer from AAB to A*AA with an A* in maths due to high competition this year :frown: thats why I'm worried i haven't achieved the A* i need! what about you? :smile: what'd you think you've got in core 3 and 4 and which accommodation have you applied for? what's your insurance choice then? :smile:
Haha, how come? Because I mean, I'll probably end up re-sitting Core 3 next Summer if I don't get an A* this year, so eh!

People like you take A* grades from our year :frown:

at least you're in year 12 so you can! if I've messed this up, no uni for me :frown:
Easily. So... congratulations, you have an A*!

What about 70+ C3 but then a 58/59 C4? I made some stupid mistakes today!?
Original post by HenryC0302
Yes please do, the only one I'm struggling with is 6 (c) I can't seem to get the second lot of coordinates for E

my method was OE = OB + 1/2 AC or OE = OB + 3/2AC
Original post by HennersPD
Mine is Bath for chemistry but I've got an increased offer from AAB to A*AA with an A* in maths due to high competition this year :frown: thats why I'm worried i haven't achieved the A* i need! what about you? :smile: what'd you think you've got in core 3 and 4 and which accommodation have you applied for? what's your insurance choice then? :smile:

Bath is my insurance choice A*AA so couldn't apply for accomadation. And are they allowed to change offers once they have given you one?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Less effort than typing the mark scheme in latex lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've ran out of normal lined paper so I just printed out answer sheets from a past paper & photocopied them
Bath is my insurance choice A*AA so could apply for accomadation. And are they allowed to change offers once they have given you one?

They did change my offer so I guess they are :frown: what's your firm choice then? :smile:
Original post by colliali16
On page 10 when you have gone to find c your power on the LHS has changed to -1/2 instead of 1/2. So based on your previous workings c would come out to be 5.

Thank you, didn't spot that myself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending