The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

How much ums would 55/75 for core 3, 56/75 for core and 67/75 for stats 1b get me like estimate?

Original post by HennersPD
They did change my offer so I guess they are :frown: what's your firm choice then? :smile:

Warwick for maths. And that's suprising actualy they will probably accept you if you miss it by a couple of marks considering the change offer
What u guy think the ums for 62 will be
Anyone here need A*A*A or higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft

Posted from TSR Mobile

my friend needs A*A*A*a
Original post by ForgottenApple
my friend needs A*A*A*a

holy fu- for what?
I assume answering question 6a in radians will be also fine. Well, if I remember correctly, all my answers match with the answers in the unofficial markscheme, except for the last part of question 3, I got the simplified g(x) the same, but to show it was a decreasing function, I showed that g(n) was greater than g(n+1), anybody think that'll do the trick?
Original post by George1231
Warwick for maths. And that's suprising actualy they will probably accept you if you miss it by a couple of marks considering the change offer

haha hopefully! Warwick is my insurance - what a coincidence! :smile: what'd need for that and do you think you'll get the grades? :smile:
I take that back I don't know anything about boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joe radomski
I assume answering question 6a in radians will be also fine. Well, if I remember correctly, all my answers match with the answers in the unofficial markscheme, except for the last part of question 3, I got the simplified g(x) the same, but to show it was a decreasing function, I showed that g(n) was greater than g(n+1), anybody think that'll do the trick?

I just subbed in x =3, x =4 etc in g(x) and showed it was decreasing with successive x values. would this get the marks as surely this still shows decreases? :/
Original post by Emmanuel12344
What u guy think the ums for 62 will be

No one will know, but at my college, the general consensus was that it wasn't too bad an exam, so I imagine an A to be like 59, or something close to that, so like 84 maybe?
Original post by ubisoft

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need A*AA. what'd you need? what course and what uni is your first choice? :smile:
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Easily. So... congratulations, you have an A*!

What do you think about 58 in c3 and about 67 in c4? I know you nobody knows for sure but it's nice to have an idea 😁
Original post by Chung224
holy fu- for what?

Imperial chem eng.
He took as further maths as an extra and he needs an a in that too lol
Original post by ForgottenApple
People like you take A* grades from our year :frown:
Eek, sorry man! I never thought of it that way. On the plus side, there's more people to pull the grade boundaries down if we all fail, woohoo!
Original post by Millerman
What about 70+ C3 but then a 58/59 C4? I made some stupid mistakes today!?
I would say that's an A*, yes. That 70+ in C3 could be 100UMS so as long as you have 80UMS in Core 4, you're fine.

at least you're in year 12 so you can! if I've messed this up, no uni for me :frown:

That's true. Hey, all the best of luck to you! How do you think you've done?
I just subbed in x =3, x =4 etc in g(x) and showed it was decreasing with successive x values. would this get the marks as surely this still shows decreases? :/

That's what i did, it will still get the first 2 marks at least for reaching that stage, I imagine that would be one of the alternate methods as long as you put an explanation.
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Eek, sorry man! I never thought of it that way. On the plus side, there's more people to pull the grade boundaries down if we all fail, woohoo!I would say that's an A*, yes. That 70+ in C3 could be 100UMS so as long as you have 80UMS in Core 4, you're fine.

That's true. Hey, all the best of luck to you! How do you think you've done?

Ill just take your A* grade next year when I fail :frown:
Original post by HenryC0302
Thank you, didn't spot that myself!

If on question 8, I integrated incorrectly but then got a correct c value for this incorrect ingress, like my method was correctly there on and rearranged for x =, would i get any marks or lose all 7 ? :frown: Need an A* for uni and really worried I've screwed up my chances with this exam. reckon i've got 64/75! :/
Original post by JackNorman
What do you think about 58 in c3 and about 67 in c4? I know you nobody knows for sure but it's nice to have an idea 😁

That's an interesting one.. that'll be a high 90+UMS in Core 4 for sure, and I think that'll be either a little bit into an A or possibly just scraping an A.

You'll probably get an A*.
guys would 68-72 marks in C3 and 62-66 marks in C4 be an A*?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending