The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

look at how much we're all stressing for friggin exams hoping for our desired grades.
then what, we go into our demanding courses at uni or whatever and get even more stressed, oh boy.
Forgot to find +C in 8a) damn it! Hopefully not lost more than 5 marks for it
Reply 2282
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Does anyone have the paper?

If anyone does I can update the first post with the questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chung224
look at how much we're all stressing for friggin exams hoping for our desired grades.
then what, we go into our demanding courses at uni or whatever and get even more stressed, oh boy.

This guy knows
can someone please tell me how much ums on average, 55 marks on C3, 56 marks on C4 and 67 on Stats 1B would be? It will be gratefully appreciated
Original post by ForgottenApple
my method was OE = OB + 1/2 AC or OE = OB + 3/2AC

Do you know what the diagram would look like for OE = OB + 3/2AC ?

I don't know exactly what the question was so I can't workout what the diagram with the second position of E would look like!

Thanks
Who has the most exams left? I have 8 (two being general studies to be fair, so kind of 6 :P )
Original post by George1231
Friday s2 what about you. And I applied for bluebell and Arthur Vick as my top 2. And I doubt it but Ahh well always next year :biggrin:

are you in year 12 then? are are you gonna retake the year? :/
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Sounds like a deal...! So, if you don't get an A*, what are you planning to do? Gap year, re-taking the year at college or clearing?
(I understand if you don't want to talk about this.)

Cry
Lots n Lots n Lots
Reply 2289
Original post by joe radomski
Who has the most exams left? I have 8 (two being general studies to be fair, so kind of 6 :P )

I have 4. Lol. But they don't end until the 23rd ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RavinderKlair97
can someone please tell me how much ums on average, 55 marks on C3, 56 marks on C4 and 67 on Stats 1B would be? It will be gratefully appreciated

Like 76 for C3, 82 for C4, and couldn't tell you about stats, sorry
Original post by HenryC0302

I don't know exactly what the question was so I can't workout what the diagram with the second position of E would look like!

Thanks

I honestly had no idea either how to make the diagram :frown:
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Roughly the same as you. I got anywhere from 64-68 (C3) and 62-65 (C4) so who knows what I'll come out with! I think we both have a decent shot at 180 UMS, but it depends completely on the grade boundaries (We'd have an A* for June 2011-2014 boundaries!!).
And ouch, that's a nightmare having the offer increased! What's your back-up Uni?

i hope so I'm so upset over this whole thing as i've had my heart set on bath :frown: my back up is warwick
Original post by CD223
I have 4. Lol. But they don't end until the 23rd ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is on the 23rd? I have Decision 2 on the 24th, not even started revising for that yet, got to get all of the Physics units and Further Pure 2 out of the way first
Original post by HennersPD
are you in year 12 then? are are you gonna retake the year? :/

No year 13 but would have a gap year
Reply 2295
What is on the 23rd? I have Decision 2 on the 24th, not even started revising for that yet, got to get all of the Physics units and Further Pure 2 out of the way first

Computing! 3 hours haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too sure, but I thought it'd want you to show that it continuously decreases, a person with no prior knowledge may think that it could start to increase at some point, like for x^2, I think it needs to be shown that the trend is continuous, probably looking too deeply into this, does anybody actually remember how many marks that part was?

I think it was out of 4 marks
>72 on this, >73 on C3, life's good :biggrin:
Original post by ForgottenApple
my method was OE = OB + 1/2 AC or OE = OB + 3/2AC

Did you find D at all? I remember doing OE = OD +- 1/2 AC, I'm assuming they are the same as I'm fairly sure I got what the MS said but it seems I could have done it with a bit less working
vectors c4.png I imagine it would look something like this (excuse my paint skills, why I take Maths)
Original post by HenryC0302

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending