The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkgorilla
How do you answer questions like these ? How do you know how large Kc needs to be in order for it to be on a certain position ?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433879965.711653.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kc shows how far the reversible reaction 'proceeds' , e.g. if it is larger you get more products

But we don't need to know about Kc for tomorrows exam i think just rate and rate constants right?
A large kc means more products so equilibrium is to the right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by radhikagulati
Kc shows how far the reversible reaction 'proceeds' , e.g. if it is larger you get more products

But we don't need to know about Kc for tomorrows exam i think just rate and rate constants right?

Kc comes in past papers before 2009 iifc but that was before the numbers were changed and for topic wise, its in f335 atm.
Original post by nats927
i mean recently.. ahh im stressing ill probably have no sleep tonight

Oh make sure you cover 2014 june paper as that was tricky and pick two others. make sure you know the content
Original post by suyoof123
Kc comes in past papers before 2009 iifc but that was before the numbers were changed and for topic wise, its in f335 atm.

lol i haven't gone that far back
No a 6 marker on this type of titration (its always been the potassium manganate ones) hasn't come up yet so I'm just brainstorming possible marking points just in case OCR decide to be really nasty (which they are -__-)

Is there anything else that can be added to what Ive said?

I swear i am clueless when it comes to this XD. Looks like something they would put in Mark scheme tbh.
Original post by pinkgorilla
How do you answer questions like these ? How do you know how large Kc needs to be in order for it to be on a certain position ?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433879965.711653.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kc shows the ratio of concentration between products and reactants. If it's more than one, then the concentration of the products is more than reactant. If it's less than one the reactants is more
lol i haven't gone that far back

you shoould! I started past papers today and just reading answers n stuff

K thingy is really easy though, products over reactants.
Original post by Jaz_ace
it is between 1720-1740 because earlier in the question is said it was reacted with sodium hydroxide so the carboxlic acid formed will loose its hydrogen atom and there for the C=O will be for an aldheyde

But it COOH loses a H+ it leaves you with COO- which is a carboxylate ion?
b i) - correct answer - water (1) IGNORE H2O

classic OCR :biggrin:
Original post by suyoof123
you shoould! I started past papers today and just reading answers n stuff

K thingy is really easy though, products over reactants.

its too late now tbh and I've done the ones from 2010-2014 like 2-3 times so hopefully that should be enough

I just really hope OCR don't put in really random questions
its too late now tbh and I've done the ones from 2010-2014 like 2-3 times so hopefully that should be enough

I just really hope OCR don't put in really random questions

They will... I'm predicting a good amount on translation of DNA, but I just realised like... its on the front of the data sheet? xD
Original post by thedontom
They will... I'm predicting a good amount on translation of DNA, but I just realised like... its on the front of the data sheet? xD

What could they ask us about translation? All i can think off is the steps that take place in translation and one where they give us a sequence of bases and we have to write down the amino acids that are coded for by the triplet codes

I get really confused about the DNA stuff because it feels more like biology than chemistry :/
what does it actually mean when mirror images are non superimposable
also how does iodine clock reaction and quenching work
Original post by EggsterminateMe
I use CGP. Quite comfotable with the layout.

yoooo eggy I don't know if you remember me from last year? But I am retaking this and f335 as well, I got a C last you what about you? How you feeling for this?
guys just a random question.

Are we supposed to know how to name complex ions? (eg. hexaaquacopper(II) ion). The naming rules are just killing me.
Original post by docdoc02
what does it actually mean when mirror images are non superimposable
also how does iodine clock reaction and quenching work

Its like trying to put your left hand and right hand which are mirror images of each other. Put them on top of each other they can't fit in to each other they are non-superimposable.
What's the difference between a by-product and waste product? I saw it in an F335 paper somewhere and it could come up in f334 i guess

(sorry for posting loads I'm annoying i know)
Original post by chemistrykid123
yoooo eggy I don't know if you remember me from last year? But I am retaking this and f335 as well, I got a C last you what about you? How you feeling for this?

Hey Chem kid! Yes yes I remember you. (I wonder how the others are) I also got a C and also retaking F335. All of this is gonna be a pain in the butt for me. I feel as if i knew more last year than this.
Original post by kevintai0901
guys just a random question.

Are we supposed to know how to name complex ions? (eg. hexaaquacopper(II) ion). The naming rules are just killing me.

Yeah we do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending