The Student Room Group

Your 6 most disliked UK politicians active today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingOfSwing
I have a problem with Health Tourism if people are coming here for the sole purpose of getting cured for things which they could easily get in their home countries. But if someone is from a nation which has no access to any HIV treatment, I believe it's morally right to help them. Although I suppose this hasn't changed your mind, debates are pretty much futile when it comes to things such as collective responsibility for each other :P

I expect a large portion of those here for hairy tourism have the treatments available at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Theresa May: Snoopers charter,
Harriet Harman: Corrupt, public-school educated, hard lefty
Chuka Umunna: I'll put it bluntly, Druggy posh ****
Ed Milliband: All his turning from person to camera was creepy, lets face it. "what's your name?" stalling time tactic. "am I tuff enuss? tu tu tough enough? Hell yes i'm tough enough"
Blair: Odly convincing, phoney tony was. What he did during his power wasn't exactly good now was it.
[QUOTE=KingOfSwing;56761533the HIV comments and the 'Left Wing Bias' comments he made at the TV debates really annoyed me.
I'm afraid that is all a truth and most people aren't hard left enough to support health tourism. Also, according to polls after, they supported him on the left wing bias.
George Osborne
David Cameron
Jeremy Hunt
Michael Gove
Nick Clegg
Nigel Farage
Natalie Bennett - Europhile
Ken Clark - Europhile
Norman Lamb - Europhile
Alex Salmond - Europhile
Harriet Harman - Europhile
Jean-Claude Juncker - EU Dictator
Original post by balanced
Theresa May: Snoopers charter,
Harriet Harman: Corrupt, public-school educated, hard lefty
Chuka Umunna: I'll put it bluntly, Druggy posh ****
Ed Milliband: All his turning from person to camera was creepy, lets face it. "what's your name?" stalling time tactic. "am I tuff enuss? tu tu tough enough? Hell yes i'm tough enough"
Blair: Odly convincing, phoney tony was. What he did during his power wasn't exactly good now was it.

You're criticism of Miliband based on presentation alone as evidence for your disliking of him shows how trivial you are.
Original post by ibzombie96
You're criticism of Miliband based on presentation alone as evidence for your disliking of him shows how trivial you are.

Well I'm afraid presentation matters in a prime minister when he is confronting other world leaders. His lack of confidence would not come into handy when he was speaking to someone of power, perhaps Putin.
Original post by balanced
Well I'm afraid presentation matters in a prime minister when he is confronting other world leaders. His lack of confidence would not come into handy when he was speaking to someone of power, perhaps Putin.

No, I'm saying that is not a reason to dislike him. You're right about the Putin thing, but acknowledging someone's unsuitability for the premiership is no reason to say you dislike them.
Original post by ibzombie96
No, I'm saying that is not a reason to dislike him. You're right about the Putin thing, but acknowledging someone's unsuitability for the premiership is no reason to say you dislike them.

I dislike politicians who cannot present themselves or their arguments in a dignified manner, stuttering and forgetting the deficit and immigration make him someone I dislike as a politician.
Original post by RFowler
opposed the EU's ban on neonicotinoid pesticides for no scientifically valid reasons. .

There is no scientifically valid reason to ban neonicotinoids in the first place.
Original post by Tabstercat
There is no scientifically valid reason to ban neonicotinoids in the first place.

There were a number of studies coming out saying that the pesticides are harmful to bees. The restrictions were put in place while more research is done. A scientifically valid application of the precautionary principle.
Original post by RFowler
There were a number of studies coming out saying that the pesticides are harmful to bees. The restrictions were put in place while more research is done. A scientifically valid application of the precautionary principle.

Except those studies were flawed and several other studies came out which stated the opposite at around the same time. Don't pretend it's a reasonable position to immediately want to ban them.
Original post by Tabstercat
Except those studies were flawed and several other studies came out which stated the opposite at around the same time. Don't pretend it's a reasonable position to immediately want to ban them.

That is not what happened though. There was no total/permanent ban and it only affects 3 pesticides I think. The whole purpose was to restrict them while more research is done. Like I said, it's a good time to use the precautionary principle.

Some of the other studies were flawed. There was one the government cited in their favour that had been rejected from peer review because neonicotinoids in the environment meant their "control" was actually nothing of the sort - because it was contaminated with neonicotinoids. They were using that study to claim that the pesticides were not as damaging as was being claimed.
David Cameron
George Osborne
Nigel Farage
Iain Duncan-Smith
Michael Gove
Theresa May
Michael Gove: He made my life hell during GCSEs and A-Levels, Nicky Morgan is so much better!

Ed Miliband: Walking disaster, Wallace & Gromit, 'the wrong brother' etc... you get the picture.

Natalie Bennett: Her ideologies scare me, the idea that Britain is rich enough to give MORE foreign aid/handouts to Europe is utterly bizarre and wrong; we need to save money and plough it back into our own economy and get our own people out of food banks (the Tories are partially to blame for food banks I'll admit)

Alex Salmond: Such a vile, horrid and grotesque man. He'd see England sink into the ground if it meant Scotland was independent. I quite like Sturgeon though.

Dianne Abbott: She's backing Jeremy Corbyn for Labour leader to top it off, she's scarily left wing and too deluded for her own good

Tony Blair: Warmongering, interfering, nasty and his wife... She's just stupid as well.

I know it's over 6, but special shoutout to Nick Clegg - cheers for allowing me to be in £27,000 for educational debt rather than £9,000 you prick!
(edited 8 years ago)
1. Nigel Farage
2. Michael Gove
3. David Cameron
4. George Osborne
5. Theresa May
6. Nicky Morgan
Gobsmacked Osborne isn't on everybody's list. Even the Tories hate him, don't they?
Original post by Mackay
Gobsmacked Osborne isn't on everybody's list. Even the Tories hate him, don't they?

I'd happily have him over Ed Balls any day
Original post by Mackay

Yeah, that's why they made him First Secretary of State after the May election.
IDS
Erick Pickles
Sajid Javid
Gove
Peter Mendelson

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending