The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MM2B Mechanics 2 - Monday 22nd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Stepidermis
at least 72 on this, at least 73 on C3, life's good :biggrin:

Do you mean to post this in the core 4 thread? Just wondered how you've already done M2 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Do you mean to post this in the core 4 thread? Just wondered how you've already done M2 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oops :biggrin:
Reply 262
oops :biggrin:

Well done anyway. Very jealous :tongue:. Reckon I got 74 on C3 but I bombed on C4 paper. Got like 65/66? Just want an A* :/ hope it's enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Well done anyway. Very jealous :tongue:. Reckon I got 74 on C3 but I bombed on C4 paper. Got like 65/66? Just want an A* :/ hope it's enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember that you'll only need a low A for it to work out, which is like 56/57 in core 4... Don't stress, you've made it!
Reply 264
Remember that you'll only need a low A for it to work out, which is like 56/57 in core 4... Don't stress, you've made it!

Thank you. I do stress too much. I can't help it :tongue:

Have you got many exams left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thank you. I do stress too much. I can't help it :tongue:

Have you got many exams left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah seven haha
Reply 266
Yeah seven haha

Ouch! I have 4. 2 physics, M2 and a computing paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ouch! I have 4. 2 physics, M2 and a computing paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm cramming FM this year so have M1 S2 M2 D2 Step and 2 chemistry heh
Reply 268
I'm cramming FM this year so have M1 S2 M2 D2 Step and 2 chemistry heh

I don't envy you!! How spread out are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I don't envy you!! How spread out are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

errrrrrr not enough :biggrin:
Reply 270
errrrrrr not enough :biggrin:

Hahaha. I've decided to leave M2 revision until the weekend before... It matters so much less than C3/C4 did and I'd rather focus on computing/physics :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 271
Can someone help me with June 2011 question 4c? What does it mean when they ask you find the angle between e.g AG and the horizontal when the lamina is suspended from P? I always mess up when trying to find out the angle.
Reply 272
Original post by Tiwa
Can someone help me with June 2011 question 4c? What does it mean when they ask you find the angle between e.g AG and the horizontal when the lamina is suspended from P? I always mess up when trying to find out the angle.

Haven't looked at the specific question recently so apologies if this doesn't help, but a good bit of advice is to draw a diagram (if you don't have one), mark on your centre of mass. Draw a line through the centre of mass and the point it's being suspended from and turn your paper so this is vertical (point at the top, centre of mass directly below it). Now try the question, as you can see it more clearly now and terms like horizontal/vertical are in better perspective so you don't get so confused :smile:
Reply 273
Original post by Lau14
Haven't looked at the specific question recently so apologies if this doesn't help, but a good bit of advice is to draw a diagram (if you don't have one), mark on your centre of mass. Draw a line through the centre of mass and the point it's being suspended from and turn your paper so this is vertical (point at the top, centre of mass directly below it). Now try the question, as you can see it more clearly now and terms like horizontal/vertical are in better perspective so you don't get so confused :smile:

Thanks so much!
Reply 274
Original post by Tiwa
Thanks so much!

No problem! The maths teacher we have for mechanics is very visual and draws diagrams for everything, it can really help in M2 :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by Lau14
No problem! The maths teacher we have for mechanics is very visual and draws diagrams for everything, it can really help in M2 :smile:

I swear thats the only easy way to answer those questions - every other method trips me up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
Original post by CD223
I swear thats the only easy way to answer those questions - every other method trips me up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've pretty much gotten the hang of doing most of it without diagrams because I'm lazy but it's not worth risking it in the actual exam!
Reply 277
Original post by Lau14
I've pretty much gotten the hang of doing most of it without diagrams because I'm lazy but it's not worth risking it in the actual exam!

Hahahah!

I should start M2 revision tomorrow :/. Now PHYA4 is over my next exams are 18th, 22nd and 23rd June so they come thick and fast in a week's time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 278
Original post by CD223
Hahahah!

I should start M2 revision tomorrow :/. Now PHYA4 is over my next exams are 18th, 22nd and 23rd June so they come thick and fast in a week's time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

12th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 22nd :/ so after S2 tomorrow morning I'll be focusing on unit 5 chem and FP2 until Monday/Tuesday pretty much, with some reading for PHYA5 hopefully to spread the load out. Wednesday will be entirely PHYA5 focused because I haven't done much for a while, and then I have three days (and only three remaining papers) to prepare for M2!
Original post by andywells
Have you got any advice/tips? I'm rubbish with wordy questions!

Hven't done it yet, but my advise is to read through the mark schemes for those questions and memorise every point that they give the marks for. The wordy ones are where I lose all of my marks. A month and a half ago I was getting low As and sometimes high Bs in G485 purely losing marks in the wordy ones but after learning the markschemes I've got 100% UMS in the last 5 papers I've done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending