The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Struggling with breathing AGAIN, just emptied and filled the dishwasher and its knackered me out!

Its really getting me down iv got all my hopes tied up in these steroids but what if they dont work, my friend had breathing issues a couple of years ago and she ended up actually having pneumonia, cracked ribs AND a deflated lung! What if i end up with something like that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girlfriend is having an epic strop because she needs to drive me to the train station for my job interview in the morning. She pushes me to apply based on being easy to get to once at the train station and then makes me feel like an awful person when she needs to help me out.
Original post by Nathanielle
Yeah, you are right. Thanks for your help. Sadly exams are hidding near and in addition I have to write a whole project, as I had no sufficient useful stuff out of the past seven month to write about. :frown: I already bloked some websites, but I am really terrible...maybe I just write notes, remembering to work and work more in the library.

Have you thought about trying to work in a coffee shop? I find if I need to write something it's much easier to do if I'm out somewhere rather than chilling at home.
:sigh:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

:hugs:

Sorry i keep falling asleep on you hun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
sherbet_lemons7

Are you OK hun? :frown:
Original post by PandaWho
:hugs:

Sorry i keep falling asleep on you hun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

its fine, I just hope you're okay! :frown: :frown: :frown: :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Are you OK hun? :frown:

Not really. :cry2:
Yeah, you are right. Thanks for your help. Sadly exams are hidding near and in addition I have to write a whole project, as I had no sufficient useful stuff out of the past seven month to write about. :frown: I already bloked some websites, but I am really terrible...maybe I just write notes, remembering to work and work more in the library.

Yeah, library is always a good place as you've got other people around you working or maybe go to college and work in a class room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not sure if i am bipolar or not. I have high highs and low lows. I was feeling really depressed for no reason in the afternoon and badly needed to cry and couldn't.
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
its fine, I just hope you're okay! :frown: :frown: :frown: :hugs:

Just feel bad!
Still cant breath right, but im still alive

Hope your ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silly_Monkey
I am not sure if i am bipolar or not. I have high highs and low lows. I was feeling really depressed for no reason in the afternoon and badly needed to cry and couldn't.

Ultimately everyone has highs and lows in life, but that doesnt mean bipolar, im not too sure on the actual diagnostic criteria, but the highs a BP suffer feels are more mania than a feeling of high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you thought about trying to work in a coffee shop? I find if I need to write something it's much easier to do if I'm out somewhere rather than chilling at home.

Sadly I have no rechargeable battery for my laptop, but during the day I allways try to be somewhere else, hard are the weekends and the evenings. I am also running out of money, so I have to reduce going out and better eat at home. (And coffeeshops around here are quite ... expensive. Nice idea, though, and thanks for remining me, that this helps.)
Original post by Tree321
Yeah, library is always a good place as you've got other people around you working or maybe go to college and work in a class room?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am already at university. Though most of the days I am too lazy to even go to the library...have no more friends to go with, as they have all finished. Maybe I should really write a huge reminder somewhere in my room.
I am already at university. Though most of the days I am too lazy to even go to the library...have no more friends to go with, as they have all finished. Maybe I should really write a huge reminder somewhere in my room.

Oh okay, I'm sure they still have study rooms tho? And you really need to try and force yourself to, and you don't need your friends to go, your going to work! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silly_Monkey

Original post by PandaWho
Ultimately everyone has highs and lows in life, but that doesnt mean bipolar, im not too sure on the actual diagnostic criteria, but the highs a BP suffer feels are more mania than a feeling of high

PandaWho is right, simply being happy or changing mood is not bipolar. Further being happy is no sign of illness, getting slowly into mania is.(Because full blown mania is pretty distinct from just feeling good. You are awake working all night, feel as nothing can stop you, ... ) Though there can be some people with bipolar, who change from mania to depression within one day, but for the majority both are long phases often intercalated with a phase of feeling normal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tree321
Oh okay, I'm sure they still have study rooms tho? And you really need to try and force yourself to, and you don't need your friends to go, your going to work! x

Yeah, we can just walk in and work as long as there are no classes.

You are right, only problem, I often forget the consequences and then it is night or to late...(Or I have just fear, that as soon as I think about it, I get upset and thus avoid being upset by not caring, which sadly also leads to laziness ....:s-smilie:...) On the other hand it is also positive to be able to do it by oneself and force oneself. I definitely try the next days!
feel like someones going to get me
Sadly I have no rechargeable battery for my laptop, but during the day I allways try to be somewhere else, hard are the weekends and the evenings. I am also running out of money, so I have to reduce going out and better eat at home. (And coffeeshops around here are quite ... expensive. Nice idea, though, and thanks for remining me, that this helps.)

Fair enough, yeah they can be expensive. I think, like you mentioned, libraries can be good - maybe get up early to go to one and hopefully do enough work that taking the evening off won't matter so much? I dunno, sorry this probably isn't helpful, I tend to procrastinate hugely myself! :tongue: Good luck with your work though, I hope you find a solution. :smile:
I'm worried I've annoyed everyone :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest