The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Hey-up chucks, just thought i'd pop my head in and see how everyone is doing ^_^ (think its been like, a year or so now, yikes).

Philosophy/religion section seems pretty dead though alas, maybe i'll draw a smiley face on my hand and argue with that :3
IMakeSenseToNone
:hi:

Helloooooooooooooo! :hi: How are you doing? :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Helloooooooooooooo! :hi: How are you doing? :biggrin:

I am wellll. Just one month of Uni left before a month in bed complete with video games and all my new magazine subscriptions <3 can't say much of interest has happened worthy of a monologue sooo...:hat2:

How be it all with you m'dear?
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
I am wellll. Just one month of Uni left before a month in bed complete with video games and all my new magazine subscriptions <3 can't say much of interest has happened worthy of a monologue sooo...:hat2:

How be it all with you m'dear?

Ooooh, exciting - bet you're looking forward to that! :nutcase:

I'm same old, same old - ill but chugging along :yep:
Just a little encouragement for you all.
Hope you are all having a blessed Sunday :smile:
1433695921611.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooooh, exciting - bet you're looking forward to that! :nutcase:

I'm same old, same old - ill but chugging along :yep:

As I wont get home from my shift until 9pm tonight, yes I am! :P

Also I only just realised that faith/spirituality is separate from the religion section. I'm happy now, its not as dead as it looked <3
Yes they very kindly moved us over here! Tiz nice and quiet :h:
Original post by Racoon
God bless everyone today. Praying you have a wonderful encounter with Jesus as you go to church, and if you don't get to church today here are a couple of things to encourage you :smile:

...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they... Hebrews 1:3

..and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?… Romans 8:31

Are you an evangelist - no? The whole of our lives are an outreach, we need to be brave(er):h:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r96nNtBybE

Hi Racoon

I thought you would like this;

https://appearedtoblogly.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/kaiman-kwan-the-argument-from-religious-experience-blackwell-companion.pdf

Its a article by a Chinese Christian philosopher and argues for Religious experience as evidence of God. It made it into the Blackwell Companion to natural theology which was a masterful defence of theism (though I think this was certainly one of the weakest arguments in the book)

Regardless, I haven't come to the Christian society to peddle arguments to the converted, or preach to the choir. It has many stories and anecdotes of people's religious experiences which may be inspiring to you or anyone interested.

The stories are interwoven throughout the whole article, 3-5 at a time and don't be scared by the length of the article its double spaced! though something you would probably pick up and put down from time to time rather than read through in one sitting.
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Hi Racoon

I thought you would like this;

https://appearedtoblogly.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/kaiman-kwan-the-argument-from-religious-experience-blackwell-companion.pdf

Its a article by a Chinese Christian philosopher and argues for Religious experience as evidence of God. It made it into the Blackwell Companion to natural theology which was a masterful defence of theism (though I think this was certainly one of the weakest arguments in the book)

Regardless, I haven't come to the Christian society to peddle arguments to the converted, or preach to the choir. It has many stories and anecdotes of people's religious experiences which may be inspiring to you or anyone interested.

The stories are interwoven throughout the whole article, 3-5 at a time and don't be scared by the length of the article its double spaced! though something you would probably pick up and put down from time to time rather than read through in one sitting.

I have opened the link and will have a look through it.
Could i ask for prayers please?
Im pretty poorly, for some reason im having an asthma attack every day that lasts pretty much all day and inhalers arnt working, this has been going on for over a week now so been put on steroids to help me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AtomicTheory
Continuing from the discussion about evangelism, one issue I had with my CU was that they constantly made me feel really bad about not evangelising very much. I was a very new Christian, had only been going to church for a couple of months, and had no church background so I was still very much in a process of learning, and they'd basically have a go at me for not being 'confident' in my belief, which was really not very helpful!

You sound like a great CU person :smile: I wish people at my uni were as open as you are! They're basically completely uninterested in non-CU Christian and more or less disregard them as heretics (using that actual word) :s-smilie:

You got all that from 'waves'?
PandaWho
prayers

Quote button not working but will certainly pray - sounds awful :frown:

:penguinhug:
Quote button not working but will certainly pray - sounds awful :frown:

:penguinhug:

Thanks hun, feeling really rubbish because of it every day i struggle breathing to the point where it hurts to breath!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4973
Original post by Lutters97
You got all that from 'waves'?

... You do realise you just quoted a post made almost two years ago, right?

And it was a QFA rather than a quote of a specific post - it was a continuation of conversation in the previous thread
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4974
Original post by PandaWho
Could i ask for prayers please?
Im pretty poorly, for some reason im having an asthma attack every day that lasts pretty much all day and inhalers arnt working, this has been going on for over a week now so been put on steroids to help me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sad: will definitely pray.
Original post by Aula
:sad: will definitely pray.

Thankyou, hoping the steroids start working soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Matthew 6:33-34

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

Found a great little blog written by a Christian medic student which gives encouragement for the exam season and more...

https://thegloryofgodismanfullyalive.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/75-bible-verses-that-got-me-through-med-school-exams/
Isaiah 40:30-31

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. :smile:

They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Original post by Racoon
Matthew 6:33-34

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

Found a great little blog written by a Christian medic student which gives encouragement for the exam season and more...

https://thegloryofgodismanfullyalive.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/75-bible-verses-that-got-me-through-med-school-exams/

The blog is a great read! Thank you :smile:
"All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.…:smile:

John 10 verse 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending