The Student Room Group

Edexcel history b: Life in germany help!!!!!

I have my Life in Germany paper tomorrow and im actually panicking as history has never been my favourite subject and i find it impossible to even aim for an A :frown:

So for those who are doing the edexcel life in germany paper like me, can you please give me an idea on what topics i should mainly focus on for SOMEONE WHO IS CRAMMING THEIR HISTORY REVISION AT THIS TIME, I MEAN ITS NEVER TOO LATE RIGHT?? GAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i did the enabling act - 1933, reichstag fire - 1933, kapp putsch 1920, sparticist uprising 1919 and i would just try and remember things like krystalnacht but yeah, historys so difficult because the questions can be so varied in what you can say or they can be so specific... also i would try to remember key events from 1919-1-30 like the great depression and how hitler used that to his advantage :smile: good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Chinkywonder123
i did the enabling act - 1933, reichstag fire - 1933, kapp putsch 1920, sparticist uprising 1919 and i would just try and remember things like krystalnacht but yeah, historys so difficult because the questions can be so varied in what you can say or they can be so specific... also i would try to remember key events from 1919-1-30 like the great depression and how hitler used that to his advantage :smile: good luck

Ahh thank you so much that was really helpful :smile:
Reply 3
I would definitely go over the control by terror with the SS and gestapo and concentration camps and by propaganda with the radio speeches and posters and rallies and stuff, also the aspects of Hitler's rise to power: his own actions like the organisation of the Nazis and his effective speeches vs. key events like the wall street crash and the political deals?
Reply 4
Original post by jersicur
I would definitely go over the control by terror with the SS and gestapo and concentration camps and by propaganda with the radio speeches and posters and rallies and stuff, also the aspects of Hitler's rise to power: his own actions like the organisation of the Nazis and his effective speeches vs. key events like the wall street crash and the political deals?

oooh thanks a lot! I definitely need to go over those :biggrin:
Propaganda and how Hitler tried to control everything and everyone is certainly a large part of the course. My teacher also said that the holocaust and how the Jewish people were treated is fairly important and comes up regularly.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by thegateway
Propaganda and how Hitler tried to control everything and everyone is certainly a large part of the course. My teacher also said that the holocaust and how the Jewish people were treated is fairly important and comes up regularly.

Good luck!

Thaaaanks :h:
+Hitler youth and oppositions (White rose gang.....) Also relationships with the church and Great Depression (Wall street crash
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jersicur

I'm aiming for an A* in this paper. Take it from someone who has gone from B,E+,A,A*,A in the last mocks, it is possible and just as possible to do with cramming (depending on how focused you are). I normally revise all of the key points, so the key points about Germany under the Weimar Republic, Pacts, Kapp and Munich, Hitlers rise to power and then some light information on the smaller topics of women in Nazi Germany/Hitler youth. Have confidence, believe you can do it and you can. :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Tom Coulson
+Hitler youth and oppositions (White rose gang.....) Also relationships with the church and Great Depression (Wall street crash

Got it! Thank you xx
Original post by Azza_Gold
I'm aiming for an A* in this paper. Take it from someone who has gone from B,E+,A,A*,A in the last mocks, it is possible and just as possible to do with cramming (depending on how focused you are). I normally revise all of the key points, so the key points about Germany under the Weimar Republic, Pacts, Kapp and Munich, Hitlers rise to power and then some light information on the smaller topics of women in Nazi Germany/Hitler youth. Have confidence, believe you can do it and you can. :wink:

Wow that has actually given me some hope! Thank you for that :u::u:
Reply 11
Original post by souless_lol
Wow that has actually given me some hope! Thank you for that :u::u:

How are you going over the content?
Reply 12
You should try and learn the consequences and importance of all the main events - that's what you tend to get the marks for rather than just explaining what happened. And for the essay remember to prioritise and give a clear judgement! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _niki
You should try and learn the consequences and importance of all the main events - that's what you tend to get the marks for rather than just explaining what happened. And for the essay remember to prioritise and give a clear judgement! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Trying to pack everything in because I really left history alone and didn't want to do it. So i started revision at 12 :/. What do you think is going to come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending