The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
thanks so much i've repped you recently so TSR dont let me rep you!! Anyway i'm done with this revision! good luck man!

You too. :smile:

Ahah it's alright, not here for the reps. :cool:

I'm off to sleep as well.
Hey what tips would u guys give for me on the titration questions like the Ag one in the 2012 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madmenace
Hey what tips would u guys give for me on the titration questions like the Ag one in the 2012 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

read the question :tongue:
Original post by ArielHaeems
4.4 g)ii talks about ethanoic acid and ammonium carbonate. in this reaction,entropy change of the system is positive, since carbon dioxide gas (which is more disordered than the aqueous reactants) is produced. Additionally, the number of product molecules is greater than the number of reactant molecules, further increasing disorder.4.4 g)iii talks about exothermic reactions and the production of a solid, e.g.2Mg + O2 --> 2MgOA solid (MgO) is being formed from a gas (O2), so the entropy change of the system is negative, as the molecules are becoming more ordered. Additionally, two molecules have been produced from three, further decreasing disorder.For exothermic reactions, entropy change of the system is always likely to be negative, since these are reactions which release heat (therefore the system itself cools, and so disorder decreases).

thank you! So is the total entropy change of the last reaction you talked about positive or negative?
I'm so nervous for today!! Thanks to everyone who's helping out on this thread and best of luck to you all!!!
Does anyone know if we can do graphs in pencil?
Reply 986
Original post by alwaysalex

Yea just press hard enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 987
Can someone please explain why when the same Kc equation has every concentration halved then Kc= (Kc)^1/2???

I thought only temp affects Kc position

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alwaysalex

Original post by Wahid1
Yea just press hard enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yes use pencil and dont press too hard enough! you don't want your line to look like a thick rope! Draw them normally because they will be scanned anyway :smile:
Original post by Wahid1
Can someone please explain why when the same Kc equation has every concentration halved then Kc= (Kc)^1/2???

I thought only temp affects Kc position

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always put values into the equations! helps to understand the kc(i)=kc thing concept. Its just one of those things you have to know :smile:
why isn't the entropy of system always positive for dissolving?
Will there be an unofficial markscheme for chemistry too?
Reply 992
Kc help needed pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Capture.PNG

I'm getting 13.3, but the mark scheme says it should be 13.6
Original post by thymolphthalein
Capture.PNG

I'm getting 13.3, but the mark scheme says it should be 13.6

there are 2 hydroxides so times the concentration by 2
Original post by Maham88

I forget that every time! Thank you.
do we need to know anything about dilution of an alkali ?
Original post by Maham88

Oh and if it was say, H2SO4 for example, would we multipy the concentration by 2 when finding the pH for it as well? :smile:
Original post by Maham88
do we need to know anything about dilution of an alkali ?

no
Original post by thymolphthalein
Oh and if it was say, H2SO4 for example, would we multipy the concentration by 2 when finding the pH for it as well? :smile:

yes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending