The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

NO I just realised I didn't sub in x=0 and t=0 on q 8)a) :unimpressed:
Had 20 mins left at the end too!!!! ARGHH
How many marks do you think I lost for that??
Original post by Oraeng
only just had a chance to look at tsr for the unofficial mark scheme and it seems to be down... do you know when it will be up or are there any others out there??

You can check my model solutions
Original post by HenryC0302

Much better thank you! I seem to agree with everything there (except 8a which I 100% got wrong) - great model solutions.
Original post by Oraeng

****. For the vectors where you find c I subbed in -4 instead of 4 as lambda... I did everything correctly and the method for the next part was also 100% correct ... I just applied a negative sign to the 4 and therefore got a completely different c coordinate which was (-9,-2,18) ... Will I just lose accuracy marks and will I gain follow up marks for method on the next part? :frown:(
How much ums would 55 on C3 and C4 get and 67 marks on Stats get me
Original post by Oraeng

I had a look at the June 14 paper and it says there is 1 mark for finding c and 1 mark for the correct final answer so fingers crossed only 2 marks lost
Original post by HenryC0302

Hi! Love the work, I'm confident on everything except the formulation of a differential equation and the final trig question (not the parametric one).

Your +C in your differential equation solution, was that meant to be +1?
Reply 2388
Original post by MoHoosen9167
Hi! Love the work, I'm confident on everything except the formulation of a differential equation and the final trig question (not the parametric one).

Your +C in your differential equation solution, was that meant to be +1?

It was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2389
Sorry about the mark scene guys - it mucked up. After my physics exam on Thursday I'll rewrite it in latex. For now, an older version has been restored.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sorry about the mark scene guys - it mucked up. After my physics exam on Thursday I'll rewrite it in latex. For now, an older version has been restored.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do you think youll get the A* you need in Maths then? Im really worried ive missed it :frown: so upset you dont even know! :/
Reply 2391
Original post by HennersPD
So do you think youll get the A* you need in Maths then? Im really worried ive missed it :frown: so upset you dont even know! :/

Erm, I think I got around 73/74 in Core 3 and 64/65 in Core 4. If that's enough for an A* overall is another matter :/

Don't be upset! Focus on today and your other exams! You haven't seen the boundaries yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Erm, I think I got around 73/74 in Core 3 and 64/65 in Core 4. If that's enough for an A* overall is another matter :/by

Don't be upset! Focus on today and your other exams! You haven't seen the boundaries yet!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats true thanks man, appreciate your support :smile:
Reply 2393
Original post by HennersPD
Thats true thanks man, appreciate your support :smile:

No problem. Come results day all this complaining could have been for noting haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got 70/75 in C3 and 69/75 in C4, do you reckon that's an A*?
Reply 2395
Original post by MoHoosen9167
I think I got 70/75 in C3 and 69/75 in C4, do you reckon that's an A*?

Easily! What about 73 in Core 3 and 65 in Core 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
No problem. Come results day all this complaining could have been for noting haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so :smile:
Just got 65 in both.can't be more annoyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boop.
I had a look at the June 14 paper and it says there is 1 mark for finding c and 1 mark for the correct final answer so fingers crossed only 2 marks lost

phew that's a relief :smile:
Reply 2399
Original post by Renewhj
Just got 65 in both.can't be more annoyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you aiming for? That could be enough for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending