The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bbyturtlexox
no

ok thanks
Original post by Nautic4l
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Chemistry/2013/Exam%20materials/6CH04_01_que_20110615.pdf

Why is 16bi not 2NO2 + 2CO NO + 2CO2 or is that what they mean by allow multiples?

AHHH anyone got good diagrams of distillation and reflux apparatus with labels??? PLEASE!!

Anyone please?
Original post by ArielHaeems
Whenever H2O(l) is the solvent, regardless of it being a reactant or product, it is not included in the Kc expression

When do you know it's a solvent..? What type of reactions?
Anyone please?

i think you have to cancel them out, not 100% sure , actually you do just looked at the question properly the all have a 2 in front of them so you can divide it by 2
(edited 8 years ago)
When doing the 1:3:4:2 for example in nmr is this integration or splitting pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1005
Praying for a nice exam :frown:
Reply 1006
Original post by AnishaJayne
When doing the 1:3:4:2 for example in nmr is this integration or splitting pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally the integration, you normally have to figure out splitting for yourself
how do you draw a titration curve when the volume of acid and alkali added are different volumes and different concs?
Kc=(Kc)^1/2

Help please I thought only Temp changes Kc

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is deadly I personally don't think it will come up but calculate the equivalence point (nacid=nalkali) and also find beginning and end ph that should get most of the marks.. im not gonna stress over new stuff, just go through a few past papers and learn key definitions people!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maham88
i think you have to cancel them out, not 100% sure , actually you do just looked at the question properly the all have a 2 in front of them so you can divide it by 2

But the first product doesn't have 2 does it?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
why isn't the entropy of system always positive for dissolving?

When dissolving group 2 ionic solids, the water molecules can become more ordered around the ions, and this outweighs the entropy increase of the ions, hence entropy of system showing an overall decrease, I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1
Kc=(Kc)^1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats the question? baaanjoot:biggrin:

u better get A* fammm
But the first product doesn't have 2 does it?

here
Original post by madmenace
whats the question? baaanjoot:biggrin:

u better get A* fammm

????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1
Kc=(Kc)^1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you got the question ?
When do you know it's a solvent..? What type of reactions?

I thought H2O is included in Kc calculation, are you talking about Ka
anyone know how to do 18cii on Jan 14 international paper? It's a one marker but I don't get it:frown:
Original post by Wahid1
Can someone please explain why when the same Kc equation has every concentration halved then Kc= (Kc)^1/2???

I thought only temp affects Kc position

Posted from TSR Mobile

k'c is the sqr root of Kc, thats why every mol before reactant and product is square rooted.

That isnt a factor that affects kc, you should just know kc = k'c^2
Reply 1019
Original post by HopefulDentist..
anyone know how to do 18cii on Jan 14 international paper? It's a one marker but I don't get it:frown:

You know the original concentration of aqeous ammonia is 4.0 mol dm-3 and you should have worked out that 3.84 mol dm-3 of ammonia is in the aqeous layer after they've been shaken which means 0.16 mol dm-3 must have been used to form the ammonia in trichloromethane. Sorry its quite hard to explain
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending