The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE History-Russia in transition

Did anyone do this exam? which revolutions did you talk about on the essay question? thanks☺
February revolution; the question was whether the tsars unpopularity led to revolution, the Romanov family were not in power during the second revolution and were kept captive in Ekaterinburg by the Bolsheviks therefore there levels of popularity or social status were not really relevant. Arguably some of the white army eg tsarists and nobles were fighting due to wanting the return of the tsar however the question prolifically asked about popularity being the cause of revolution, in this case the second revolution in the October was not. How did you find the paper ? I think it went well, not sure what the grade boundaries will be like though :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by espicton98
February revolution; the question was whether the tsars unpopularity led to revolution, the Romanov family were not in power during the second revolution and were kept captive in Ekaterinburg by the Bolsheviks therefore there levels of popularity or social status were not really relevant. Arguably some of the white army eg tsarists and nobles were fighting due to wanting the return of the tsar however the question prolifically asked about popularity being the cause of revolution, in this case the second revolution in the October was not. How did you find the paper ? I think it went well, not sure what the grade boundaries will be like though :tongue:

Thank you very much for the reply, i too discussed the February revolution, so that's put my mind at ease😊 i thought the paper was nice, although i forgot what happened during the 1905 Revolution. what about you?
Original post by maya_jadee
Thank you very much for the reply, i too discussed the February revolution, so that's put my mind at ease😊 i thought the paper was nice, although i forgot what happened during the 1905
Revolution. what about you?

That's fine then☺️ And you're welcome hardly anyone does this exam so it's rare to find someone who does 😂 and yeah in my revision guide the 1905 revolution isn't even discussed really but I wrote that it was sparked by Bloody Sunday whereby peaceful protestors outside the tsars palace were shot, and that many people rebelled wanting constitutional reform and the tsar eventually agreed to the October manifesto and created the Duma bla bla.. Yeah I thought it was a nice paper, what other history exams do you do? I did the Germany paper and then I've got the American 1929-2000 paper next Tuesday
*i meant winter palace !!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by espicton98
That's fine then☺️ And you're welcome hardly anyone does this exam so it's rare to find someone who does 😂 and yeah in my revision guide the 1905 revolution isn't even discussed really but I wrote that it was sparked by Bloody Sunday whereby peaceful protestors outside the tsars palace were shot, and that many people rebelled wanting constitutional reform and the tsar eventually agreed to the October manifesto and created the Duma bla bla.. Yeah I thought it was a nice paper, what other history exams do you do? I did the Germany paper and then I've got the American 1929-2000 paper next Tuesday
*i meant winter palace !!

Ahaa Indeed😬 I wrote the majority of that, although I forgot the October manifesto which was definitely important, oh well, should have only lost a few marks for that. I did the Germany paper, and the American paper last year😀 good luck to you with the rest of your exams!
Reply 5
can someone tell me what came up in the Russia and development of the USA paper
Reply 6
Hey there
I wanted to ask if anyone found the 2015 Russia gcse wjec paper
I would really appreciate it,
Thanks
Reply 7
Hey can you just give me a brief on the rest of the paper please
Thanks

Quick Reply