The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse history (life in germany)

How did everyone do?

Scroll to see replies

Quite well I think :smile: How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by thepurplerain
Quite well I think :smile: How about you?

I reckon i got between 35-41
Who done the 8 mark on culture and arts?
i could not think of own knowledge for the 12 mark about the reichstag fire but included the points given (very well explained) how many marks would i automatically be downgraded for this lack of O.K???
Reply 5
Original post by proximity
i could not think of own knowledge for the 12 mark about the reichstag fire but included the points given (very well explained) how many marks would i automatically be downgraded for this lack of O.K???

6 marks downgraded
Original post by CALLUM_1999
6 marks downgraded

ok thanks dude
Original post by proximity
ok thanks dude

I'm pretty sure you get a maximum potential of 10 marks if you didn't use your own knowledge.
You would be able to get a maximum of 10 marks - it's not a 6 mark deduction. :smile:
Original post by wojiaoshakira

I did!
who did the one on Hitler youth? Were u supposed to write about edelweiss pirates and white rose group because it said what did Hitler do to prevent youth movements

There wasn't any 8 mark questions.

Me too!
Original post by ChicharitoMUFC
who did the one on Hitler youth? Were u supposed to write about edelweiss pirates and white rose group because it said what did Hitler do to prevent youth movements

Hi, I did that-I thought it said how did Hitler try to control the youth groups, rather than try and prevent them. Nevertheless I wrote about hitler youth, training boys to be in the military, educating the children in the aryan races etc. I think it may have been for this or another question but I mentioned somewhere along the line that the religious youth groups and schools in germany taught diametrically opposite ideas-hitler promotingone-race and aryans were superior and then the churches promoting equality for all, etc.

Anyway, now time to focus on the British paper :3

Sam
Original post by cathasatail
Hi, I did that-I thought it said how did Hitler try to control the youth groups, rather than try and prevent them. Nevertheless I wrote about hitler youth, training boys to be in the military, educating the children in the aryan races etc. I think it may have been for this or another question but I mentioned somewhere along the line that the religious youth groups and schools in germany taught diametrically opposite ideas-hitler promotingone-race and aryans were superior and then the churches promoting equality for all, etc.

Anyway, now time to focus on the British paper :3

Sam

Yeh I thought similarly but even if it doesn't count that I still only did a tiny bit on the youth groups cuz I Ran out of time, I did the 16 marker for longer to make sure I did well on that :smile:
I thought it just mentioned education, so I didn't include anything about youth groups. I talked about how boys did PE, science, maths, etc, to prepare them for military life while girls did domestic sciences and PE for preparation for being mothers, while both did eugenics so they'd be loyal Nazis.
Original post by lordstark
i thought it just mentioned education, so i didn't include anything about youth groups. I talked about how boys did pe, science, maths, etc, to prepare them for military life while girls did domestic sciences and pe for preparation for being mothers, while both did eugenics so they'd be loyal nazis.

exactly what i put!!!
Original post by ChicharitoMUFC
Yeh I thought similarly but even if it doesn't count that I still only did a tiny bit on the youth groups cuz I Ran out of time, I did the 16 marker for longer to make sure I did well on that :smile:

Indeed, my teacher stressed the importance of leaving that half an hour gap to do the last question in-which one did you do? I did the one concerning the uprisings. I did the two bullet point ones (spartacist and munich) as well as the kapp putsch-i couldn't think of anything else apart from the kapp putsch so i just did those three. And in conclusion i said that the kapp putsch was the most threatening to weimar-its effect was immediate and partly succeeded for a few days (munich putsch didnt succeed at all in terms of its aims). Also i dont think munich was that great a threat to weimar, it was more the nationalism that came off the back of it when hitler climbed to power in the period of 1932 and 1933.

Sam
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
For the very last question, I chose the 16 marker on whether or not political uprisings were the most important problem for German's. However, I didn't fully notice or comprehend the dates (1918-1920) so I mentioned the Munich Putsch and hyperinflation, both of which didn't happen until 1923. I did talk about all the other problems, such as the other uprisings and the Treaty of Versailles and the 'stab in the back' and weakness of Weimar, but I also said that I believed the reparations that had to be paid were the most important problem Weimar faced because it led to hyperinflation; how many marks would I lose/ drop for mentioning things from the wrong time period?
Original post by cathasatail
Indeed, my teacher stressed the importance of leaving that half an hour gap to do the last question in-which one did you do? I did the one concerning the uprisings. I did the two bullet point ones (spartacist and munich) as well as the kapp putsch-i couldn't think of anything else apart from the kapp putsch so i just did those three. And in conclusion i said that the kapp putsch was the most threatening to weimar-its effect was immediate and partly succeeded for a few days (munich putsch didnt succeed at all in terms of its aims). Also i dont think munich was that great a threat to weimar, it was more the nationalism that came off the back of it when hitler climbed to power in the period of 1932 and 1933.

Sam

I did exactly the same points for the 16 marker except my conclusion was different. I said that the Munich Putsch was the worst because Hitler had the help of numerous figureheads in Germany and if he got the help of the officials he would have had a chance to start his revolution. But I don't think it really matters what you put as your opinion as long as you have the key information alongside each point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending