The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrisWolff
Italian players just get better with age, it's ridiculous that players like Toni and Di Natale are still banging them with how old they are. I reckon if players like Darmian fulfil their potential they'll be playing for another 15 years.

Original post by sr90
I swear Buffon and Pirlo have been 32 for about 10 years as well....

Let's not forget players like Totti, De Rossi etc Italians age like fine wine, English players age like moldy bread.
Original post by Arkasia
Let's not forget players like Totti, De Rossi etc Italians age like fine wine, English players age like moldy bread.

:lol: Don't even me started on Totti. How is he still playing ffs.
Works both ways tbh, lots of players break into Serie A at 17 or 18, take Pato, he's been around so long you'd think he's like early 30's, he's 25 which is mad tbh, Balotelli as well, broke onto the scene 8 years ago, he's only 24 ffs just crazy
Juve play a midfield diamond more often than not, and had just the four starters and Pereyra as options this year. Them bringing in a 6th player for four positions isn't an indication that anybody is leaving. And if anybody is leaving, it'll be Pirlo.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Juve play a midfield diamond more often than not, and had just the four starters and Pereyra as options this year. Them bringing in a 6th player for four positions isn't an indication that anybody is leaving. And if anybody is leaving, it'll be Pirlo.

I have a feeling it's Llorente/Marchisio.
Original post by Stefano93
I have a feeling it's Llorente/Marchisio.

Llorente isn't a midfielder (and nobody would care if he left, tbh), and there's no reason for Marchisio to leave at all.

Team played in 55+ games this year, having 6 players for four positions isn't any indication that any of them is leaving. Especially not Marchisio, seeing as Pirlo is likely to leave next summer (if not this summer), likewise Pogba.
Original post by leinad2012
Works both ways tbh, lots of players break into Serie A at 17 or 18, take Pato, he's been around so long you'd think he's like early 30's, he's 25 which is mad tbh, Balotelli as well, broke onto the scene 8 years ago, he's only 24 ffs just crazy

Pato is only 25, huh. Wonder what Barcelona thought of losing to a team containing 17-year-old him
Original post by shawn_o1
Pato is only 25, huh. Wonder what Barcelona thought of losing to a team containing 17-year-old him

Still remember this goal

The thought of Balotelli physically bullying big CB's while he was at City 5 years ago when he was 19/20 is scary tbh.
Marchisio has repeatedly stated he's a one club man, rejected offers from all the top clubs for years so he is definitely not leaving. Pirlo is ****ing off to the MLS, doubt anyone else will leave.
Diaby's been released. The man who's bones were made from weetabix.
Goodbye, Diaby. He made Wilshere look reliable.
At last.

Ryo Miyaichi gone too.
today is not a good day. actually feel for the guy, ****ing tragic to be riddled with injuries like that.
Was hoping he'd sign a pay as you play contract :frown:
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Was hoping he'd sign a pay as you play contract :frown:

And never get paid?
What happened to Miyaichi Ryo?
Original post by Mackay
And never get paid?

Who's going to sign him now?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Who's going to sign him now?

Scientists in a bid to analyse why he's the world's weakest man.
Ain't gonna be the same without Diably..even though we, erm..never really saw him, I guess.. :erm:

Latest