The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Screwed that one up. Did pretty much every past paper blind for revision, and none of them were anything close to as hard as this. Im kinda worried i wont get the A i need now.
Original post by Denarkas
Screwed that one up. Did pretty much every past paper blind for revision, and none of them were anything close to as hard as this. Im kinda worried i wont get the A i need now.

Exactly the same boat, just praying f335 is nothing like that!
Original post by Beasttty
No... the Tri had esters on the sides, no free alcohol groups by themself

your looking at the repeating unit, when looking at the monomer pretty sure it did but either way it was worth 2 marks max but talking to others most said di
Original post by phoebs_ox

Same here. I did a resit of F332 and it was so much better than any other F332 paper I've ever done. I'm hoping F335 is the same. F334 was completely different to anything else I have ever done.
I put di for the ester question, It had two peaks in the C-O range implying two C-O bonds at different positions no? can someone explain why they put triester?
predictions for an A (raw mark)?
Reply 466
Original post by phoebs_ox

Same here, praying for low grade boundries
Original post by harry4625
your looking at the repeating unit, when looking at the monomer pretty sure it did but either way it was worth 2 marks max but talking to others most said di

everyone is saying tri on here
For the steel bit did u guys talk about scrap steel? Cant remember exactly what the question was though :s-smilie:
Original post by kingcobra007
I put di for the ester question, It had two peaks in the C-O range implying two C-O bonds at different positions no? can someone explain why they put triester?

i also did mention that , the logical thing would be to put di but unfortunately ocr examiners don't know what logic is
What did everyone put for the 2 marker about the high resistance voltmeter having an incorrect value? excluding experimental error
In the Electrochemical cells diagram, all ions were in solution right? with 2 platinum electrode
Original post by LordGaben
For the steel bit did u guys talk about scrap steel?

I just said that scrap steel was magnetic so could easily be reused again. I'm sure it was incorrect though
Original post by holliejadex
What did everyone put for the 2 marker about the high resistance voltmeter having an incorrect value? excluding experimental error

i just talked about how they weren't at the correct standard conditions, i think they said 0.1 mol when it should be 1.00? i think
Original post by TikiLodge
I just said that scrap steel was magnetic so could easily be reused again. I'm sure it was incorrect though

I wrote it was a coolant and could adjust the temp of furnace

I said how it was at 20 degrees instead of 25 but I think that might come under experimental error. I didn't know what else to put
Did people get 0.8 for that Ecell question

Non standard conditions 0.1M instead of 1M and 20degrews instead of 25 degrees

Original post by LordGaben
For the steel bit did u guys talk about scrap steel? Cant remember exactly what the question was though :s-smilie:

Yeah to adjust temperature of furnace
Original post by harry4625
i also did mention that , the logical thing would be to put di but unfortunately ocr examiners don't know what logic is

Exactly! Glad im not the only one
Is there going to be an unofficial markscheme released? If so does anyone know where/when? Thanks.

PS found it very strange and unfair, they want to catch us out rather than grade our abilities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending