The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

THIS WAS HORRIFIC!!!!! :no: :angry:
OCR have stirred this paper from the depths of hell where it belongs!!!
I am praying for extremely low grade boundaries or my dreams have been shattered....
Every page had a new confusing suprise lurking in it.
What's wrong with asking at least a couple normal questions?
I feel it more like they are trying to trick us rather than test our knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TikiLodge
Now I'm not even sure. I'm pretty sure I put whatever the first equation was for the electrode potentials on the table.

It was the first equation on this link, so it must have been VO2+ because it was getting reduced?? actually idek lol http://www.chemguide.co.uk/inorganic/transition/veos.gif
f4cking bu11 sh1t paper! OCR are taking the pis5. I'm supposed to be off to birmingham/bath to do a chem degree, but don't even know if I should now!
Original post by Minecraft27
I am SO SICK of OCR putting out these STUPIDLY HARD BS papers all the time. Whatever happened to them making medium or easy papers that were easily accessible? Now it's like they only want the nation's top 5% to get anything more than a C!

I did sooo much revision only to screw up just about every question on the paper AND run out of time. I was going for a chemistry degree. Now I might have to reconsider. And as always, it seems everyone here found it a piece of cake, so the grade boundaries will probably be like 70/90 for an A.

So angry at OCR for spewing this crap out of their disgusting gullet.

If it makes you feel any better, i screwed up too. :smile: I think if they were planning on making the paper harder, as they did, they should've given us more time at least, i found myself out of time simply because i was thinking about the questions.
Original post by king cobra
What was the cell potential
1.26 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got 0.66V :s-smilie:
Original post by TikiLodge
Now I'm not even sure. I'm pretty sure I put whatever the first equation was for the electrode potentials on the table.

Pretty sure VO2^+/VO^2+ half cell has a greater electrode potential than I2/I- so VO2^+ and H+ must oxidise I-.
Original post by Denarkas
The Biology paper they put out on Monday was hard as balls too. I just don't understand why they'd want it to be this hard. Are they just trying to make us look stupid?

Who knows? My (hopeful) guess? A=59 :/
What did people get for the choking vapour..?
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
It was the first equation on this link, so it must have been VO2+ because it was getting reduced?? actually idek lol http://www.chemguide.co.uk/inorganic/transition/veos.gif

Oh I did put VO^2+. I just said because the Iodine equation had a lower electrode potential so it would interfere with it because the electrons would flow towards it instead. I really didn't know for that question and it was a massive guess.

It was the one below the I2 equation in the table. Whatever one that was
Original post by Minecraft27
I am SO SICK of OCR putting out these STUPIDLY HARD BS papers all the time. Whatever happened to them making medium or easy papers that were easily accessible? Now it's like they only want the nation's top 5% to get anything more than a C!

I did sooo much revision only to screw up just about every question on the paper AND run out of time. I was going for a chemistry degree. Now I might have to reconsider. And as always, it seems everyone here found it a piece of cake, so the grade boundaries will probably be like 70/90 for an A.

So angry at OCR for spewing this crap out of their disgusting gullet.

Ummm not sure where you got the 'everyone here found it a piece of cake' bit from.
Original post by LordGaben
It was the one below the I2 equation in the table. Whatever one that was

Oh god can't even remember which equation that was poop.
Oh god can't even remember which equation that was poop.

What u think will be A*? Im thinking around 67
Original post by LordGaben
What u think will be A*? Im thinking around 67

I doubt it unfortunately. The paper was hard but it wasn't THAT hard. Probably 65 ish for an A, 72 ish for A*

Plus exam boards seem to be tightening up in general, near the end of specifications.
Reply 534
Pretty sure it's VO2^+ not VO^2+ for the reaction with NaI because in VO2^+, vanadium's oxidation state is +5, whereas in VO^2+ it is +4, and because the iodide is being oxidised from -1 to 0, to vanadium needs to be reduced, so the iodide reacts with VO2^+ and reduces it to VO^2+.
Ok, I messed up by stupidly spotting I missed 2 sides of the paper (-calculation pg & the iron precipitate one) just as the said times up *face palm* -I managed to fill in the 2nd side, but I missed the calc & the 3 marker below it so 8marks down the drain *dies*

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you have to get 90% on each paper to get an A*, or 90% overall for A..?
Reply 536
A will be 89/90
Original post by MrChemKid
what did everyone put for why the valve and sodium hydrogencarboamte prevent fe 2+ from turning into fe3+?
i put stops water and oxygen from oxidising it?

I put
' sodium hydrogencarbonate reacts with sulphuric acid to form CO2. CO2 displaces the O2 through the valve. O2 can't get back in because of the valve. No O2 =No oxidation '
Original post by gilbertblythe
What did people get for the choking vapour..?

I put ethanoic acid, But i'm probably wrong. Was the only thing i could see that could be released from the molecule.
Reply 539
Easy exam finished in half an hour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending