The Student Room Group

Aqa religious studies a2 ethics rst3a - free will, virtue ethics, science, et al.

Scroll to see replies

I kind of went off on a tangent looking first at the traditional biblical view of the family but then also that the bible teaching reflect a negative view of Eros love. Then about procreation and how it should be in marriage. Then ended up talking about equality in relationships and roles within the family!
Really liked the libertarian question but didn't write much on the personality :/ virtue ethics was great and didn't want to stop writing but the AO2 was a bit wafty when I was writing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got confused by the wording for libertarianism so did science and technology questions instead, but I've just looked back over my notes and realised I could've written a better essay for libertarianism :/

Oh well
Reply 43
Im actually so down atm. Revised my ass of for this exam as I needed a A overall for Religous Studies. Got a high B in AS.

Everything was going well until I got out the hall and realised I did the wrong topic question for one of the questions :frown: . anything I can do ?
Original post by agelliottfoster
I kind of went off on a tangent looking first at the traditional biblical view of the family but then also that the bible teaching reflect a negative view of Eros love. Then about procreation and how it should be in marriage. Then ended up talking about equality in relationships and roles within the family!

How is eros love relevant to love within a family?
Original post by jumaeln
Im actually so down atm. Revised my ass of for this exam as I needed a A overall for Religous Studies. Got a high B in AS.

Everything was going well until I got out the hall and realised I did the wrong topic question for one of the questions :frown: . anything I can do ?

Don't worry!
We all pretty much feel down. Let's hope for lower grade boundaries! What Q's did you answer?
Guys-
What was the Q for the a02 on sexual ethics again????!!
Reply 47
Original post by Kmohazeb
Don't worry!
We all pretty much feel down. Let's hope for lower grade boundaries! What Q's did you answer?

I was doing RST3G so is was the Buddhism Topic. There's 4 sections and we only learnt 2 sections and we are only suppose to answer 2 sections. But the questions and content interlink so I got confused and panicked I guess :/
Well that was horrible! Oh well Unit 4 next week
Reply 49
Most of my class also hated the sexual ethics one I really just argued about how children are an important aspect in Christianity procreation etc but really unsure
Original post by Kmohazeb
How is eros love relevant to love within a family?

Eros is expressed through sexual activity which can lead to a strengthening of family bonds.
genesis 2:24 " Therefore a man must leave his mother and father to cling to his wife"
it also results in procreation covering the children aspect
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Eros is expressed through sexual activity which can lead to a strengthening of family bonds.
genesis 2:24 " Therefore a man must leave his mother and father to cling to his wife"
it also results in procreation covering the children aspect

Eros is sexual love that's not meaningful. It's not deep. It's just inflaution. Ie King david with bath shua.

Family love is just 'storge'
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
The paper was awful !! For libertinism part B My reasons for were hard determinism and libertarianism and against soft which was wrong as hard is not casually undertimined 😓😓
Reply 53
Original post by agelliottfoster

I literally done the same thing
(Not commented here before, Hi!) What did people think about the Virtue Ethics question? I liked the part b but struggled with with MacIntyre/Foot question.

Edit: Also, I found the sexual ethics question really, really difficult. Did everyone else?
(edited 8 years ago)
That Sexual Ethics question was terrible. I talked about marriage? thats kind of to do with the family right! some affirmation needed .....
Original post by HuggleyDuck
(Not commented here before, Hi!) What did people think about the Virtue Ethics question? I liked the part b but struggled with with MacIntyre/Foot question.

Edit: Also, I found the sexual ethics question really, really difficult. Did everyone else?

Yes i did exactly the same questions. How did you structure your part B because that was the bit which I found weird.

Sexual ethics i talked about family being important basis for society, then procreation children and then marriage :/ eekkk i went SO off tangent
Original post by HuggleyDuck

Part b for virtue ethics was okay but I found it hard to say my points properly, felt like I was rambling a lot, part a i had a lot to say but not enough time and wasn't sure how to structure it exactly
How did people find that exam? I thought the libertarianism questions was so hard!
Original post by emmawhitz
Yes i did exactly the same questions. How did you structure your part B because that was the bit which I found weird.

Sexual ethics i talked about family being important basis for society, then procreation children and then marriage :/ eekkk i went SO off tangent

I started by saying it didn't provide enough guidance - no intrinsic right or wrong named (and related this to cultural relativity) and no explicit method to work out the correct action - and then countered with the Golden Mean and a process and Eudaimonia as a goal as a type of guidance.

Quick Reply

Latest