The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Suauk123
Oh, so you haven't heard about which framework either? Most people on here seem like they heard back around the 4th of June with the framework they've been accepted for and they were asked to reply to confirm that they've accepted it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything about framework either. The last thing I've received was about making sure all outstanding documents that had not already been sent in must be done so by the 8th June. Still waiting to here about where I am going to be placed, but that email said the decision will be made within the next 10 days (been 6 so far). I'm sure that I've sent everything in, I was missing two documents during the assessment centre which I sent in the following week and they received them. However when I tried to contact them, I get no reply. Quite frustrating to be honest.
Reply 1001
I rang then today. Nice lady said that it could take up to 2 weeks before locations/departments confirmed
Reply 1002
Original post by nd1986
I rang then today. Nice lady said that it could take up to 2 weeks before locations/departments confirmed

Which number did you use to ring them?
Original post by Jid12
Which number did you use to ring them?

What is frustrating is one thing is said to one person then different to another. I'm going off the email that was sent to the majority on the 3rd June that said it would be up to 10 days, and that follows what we were all told at the assessment centres which was to expect notice in the middle of June...
Reply 1004
Original post by Lucydrysdale
What is frustrating is one thing is said to one person then different to another. I'm going off the email that was sent to the majority on the 3rd June that said it would be up to 10 days, and that follows what we were all told at the assessment centres which was to expect notice in the middle of June...

Yeah it's really annoying that's why i wanted to ring them myself and see what they say.
Feels like I have been waiting for ages but received my conditional offer today! Got my 3rd choice preference so can't of done to well in the assessmnets:s-smilie:
Original post by MrBuck
Feels like I have been waiting for ages but received my conditional offer today! Got my 3rd choice preference so can't of done to well in the assessmnets:s-smilie:

So they're still sending out offers. Locations and departments have to be next week now

Congrats by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrBuck

I think I got my third choice too. Don't beat yourself up over it! I'm grateful that I did as I don't think I would have enjoyed the other options as much. There were only a limited number of finance places available too!
Reply 1008
The number is under contacts on the Civil service apprenticeship website. I think we'll find out earlier, they just say up to 2 weeks to save more phone calls. It's a frustrating wait...I'd like to know if we go on the minimum pay for band O grades for each department. If that's the case there's big difference between different departments. For example, MoJ minimum pay is 19.5k but HMRC's is 23k (outside of London). Does anyone know?
Original post by nd1986
The number is under contacts on the Civil service apprenticeship website. I think we'll find out earlier, they just say up to 2 weeks to save more phone calls. It's a frustrating wait...I'd like to know if we go on the minimum pay for band O grades for each department. If that's the case there's big difference between different departments. For example, MoJ minimum pay is 19.5k but HMRC's is 23k (outside of London). Does anyone know?

Everyone will be on £19500 as a minimum, we know that; however I am under the impression that those who are based in London will be earning in excess of £22,500, regardless of department. That is due to the weighting and costs associated with working in Zone 1. I have based this on my own assumption alongside the facts found on 'RateMyApprenticeship'
Hope that helps a bit
Original post by nd1986

Yeah it's a tad annoying, I mean the Home Office EO role starts at a minimum of £22.7k, while HMRC London minimum is £26k but the department for transport EO says £21.5k but the Home office and DfT don't specify if there's a London weighting. It would be nice if there was a universal pay scale but I guess it depends on deparmental funding?
Reply 1011
Got my documents back today. Again, waiting is so tedious. Some people were told 'within 10 days' however conformation email just said in the near future.

I am really hoping salary won't be as low as 19,500 because I might have to turn it down if it is! Have been tempted to apply for CS Band B jobs anyway as the salary is confirmed on the advert!
Reply 1012
Original post by Anne4G
Oh good I thought I was the only one 😊 hopefully we will hear from them this week.

I rang capita regarding the Operational Delivery, the woman told me they are finalising everything now and we should hear end of this week or early next week. Good luck
Reply 1013
Original post by Jid12
I rang capita regarding the Operational Delivery, the woman told me they are finalising everything now and we should hear end of this week or early next week. Good luck

That's good to know, thanks!
Good luck to you too 😊
Original post by rafanadal
Nope, I just wish someone would put me out of my misery now!

Do you reckon we have any hope left!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by srbd
Got my documents back today. Again, waiting is so tedious. Some people were told 'within 10 days' however conformation email just said in the near future.

I am really hoping salary won't be as low as 19,500 because I might have to turn it down if it is! Have been tempted to apply for CS Band B jobs anyway as the salary is confirmed on the advert!

For an apprenticeship £19,500 is an excellent wage.
Agreed. 19.5k is a lot more than what some apprentices are getting. If I'm not mistaken one of the entry requirements was not having a degree? Another reason why it's so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dazman0106
For an apprenticeship £19,500 is an excellent wage.

Agreed, and it's not just £19,500!
It's £19,500 (a liveable starting salary and that's just the minimum!) plus the fast track training (specifically constructed to accelerate your career within the CS). it is an absolutely fantastic alternative to getting a degree!
Original post by londonkid2015
Do you reckon we have any hope left!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to say no as they haven't sent any more offers out since last week but there's a desperate part of me that thinks we could still get an offer after some people have declined maybe!
As someone who has spent the past 3 years working full time on various minimum wages (apprenticeship min and then 18-20 yr old min) until a year ago when I finally got a job that paid me 15k, this apprenticeship is a lifesaver. I'll finally be paid enough to be able to save, live away from parents and run a car.
Plus after the two years I think we'd get at least the department min for eo, which seems to be in the low 20's outside of London.
I'm just so ecstatic about finally getting a job that's got prospects and it pays so much more than anything I've had before.
Actually, how many of you are school leavers and never worked before? I've worked from 17-21 and I found it a real shock for the first 6 months or so, it's so different from schoo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending