The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holliejadex
I put that the voltmeter may not have measured the highest voltage and also that the salt bridge may not have fully connected the circuit?
Defiantly don't think I was right though - only two marks at the end of the day though I guess! :u:

Resistance of the wire and electrode maybe?
Original post by LordGaben
What u think will be A*? Im thinking around 67

I would love it to be 67 but I'm thinking about 70 :/
Original post by Denarkas
I put ethanoic acid, But i'm probably wrong. Was the only thing i could see that could be released from the molecule.

Put the same

Original post by s97
Easy exam finished in half an hour

bruv i finished in 5 minutes
Original post by kevintai0901
I put
' sodium hydrogencarbonate reacts with sulphuric acid to form CO2. CO2 displaces the O2 through the valve. O2 can't get back in because of the valve. No O2 =No oxidation '

That doesn't sound half bad. I panicked and wrote something like Fe could be oxidised by H being reduced to water. HCO3 reacts with any H+, preventing this from happening. CO2 released is prevented from redissolving, forming carbonic acid by the valve.

Please tell me I'm at least not wrong.
Original post by qwepoizxcmnb
I doubt it unfortunately. The paper was hard but it wasn't THAT hard. Probably 65 ish for an A, 72 ish for A*

Plus exam boards seem to be tightening up in general, near the end of specifications.

I dunno. June 12 was 70 for A* and that paper wasnt even that hard
Original post by tpanesar
Quick shoutout to my boys karam & rahul who smashed this exam. +1.26V 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile

well this is awkward....
What was the toxic gas?
I put so2 even though there wasn't any oxygen for s to react with!
Original post by gilbertblythe
What did people get for the choking vapour..?

The choking vapour was the stench coming off this pile of dog**** of a paper.
Original post by s97

Did you refuse to answer the questions you couldn't answer? Thats the only way i could finish in that short a time. Nice job.
Original post by Minecraft27
The choking vapour was the stench coming off this pile of dog**** of a paper.

^^^^^
Original post by Beasttty
That was fairly easy.
Anyone get 97.something% for the Fe(ii)
chlorine gas for the toxic one?

Chlorine gas? There was no chlorine involved?
What were the hydloysis products

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 2.5% for the iron. I think I might still get 3 marks or so from the working I did.

The worst thing is, I have a physics paper tomorrow MORNING. From OCR.
I put that because the vanadium produced form the reaction contained oxygen so there must have been oxygen in the process (forgot what they called it)
Original post by tealover96
What was the toxic gas?
I put so2 even though there wasn't any oxygen for s to react with!
Original post by HItchslapped
Chlorine gas? There was no chlorine involved?

The arrow showed VS4 reacting with NaCl or HCl i think. I actually missed it at first too. I think most people losing marks on this will only do so because of this, which isn't really fair, since im sure everyone capable of studying A2 chemistry is aware that chlorine is a toxic gas by now.
Thats exactly what happened with me! I thought the paper was horrible even though i revised loads, but with about 30mins more r so, maybe i would actially have had a shot at finishing the paper! I guess i can wave goodbye to my uni place now, they want an a* in chemistry and i missed out about half the paper so thats not going to happen.... :-(
If Hannah's sweets went viral, then this paper should be heard all over the universe.
Any plans for Unofficial Markscheme?
**** that exam paper hardest one i have ever done tbh. Unfair ****ing ocr b salters ruining my uni chances. I did every past paper 2/3 times and knew all the content unfair exam tbh i will be happy with a C in that
Are you serious or are you actually having a laugh?
Original post by s97

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending