The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingcobra007
I put that because the vanadium produced form the reaction contained oxygen so there must have been oxygen in the process (forgot what they called it)

Ah I thought there may be oxygen in the somewhere...or atleast s reacting with air

Original post by kevintai0901
I put chlorine. Please do correct me if you think I am wrong.

I know people who've put that down so I'm not sure
I think they said 'one of the toxic gases' so there may be more then one option
Somebody in my exam room was LITERALLY crying. Not kidding. She was ACTUALLY in tears for the second half of the exam. She also came out of the room crying her eyes out. Come to think of it, most people in the room were making some kind of grunt during that paper.
what did you lot write for the iron with NaOH question
97 for the iron calculation right??
Original post by Jaz_ace
what did you lot write for the iron with NaOH question

Green solution --> green precipitate
Fe2+ + 2OH- --> Fe(OH)2
Original post by tealover96
Ah I thought there may be oxygen in the somewhere...or atleast s reacting with air

I know people who've put that down so I'm not sure
I think they said 'one of the toxic gases' so there may be more then one option

Yeah i thought about chlorine gas, i think they might both be right
Original post by TommyCooper97
Are you serious or are you actually having a laugh?

What do you think lol? This is the same guy who said an A would be 89/90. Don't feed the troll plz.
Hydrolysing that big polymer with the arene groups should have gotten you one with NH3+ and the other with a carboxyl group and the OH untouched,

Percentage by mass question I got 97.1%

The choking gas I wrote ethanoic acid

The toxic gas from the steel recycling bit i wrote chlorine gas

The thing that reacts with iodine was the one under it in the table

TLC question was nice

the biology DNA replication was nice, my teacher used some retarded way of remembering that guanine and cytosine form three H bonds so that made me smile when it came up

Drawing two amino acids reacting together is a godsend OCR y u give free marks thanks very much, aswell as the enzyme v ph graph <3

I just thought the paper was the nicest they've given in a long time. Think about it, no long ass question about rates, multi step reactions etc, no strange curveball mole calculation

I reckon the only things I know I got wrong was the IR spectra, and the two 1 markers about combinational chemistry and improving medicines
Can anyone member what enzyme was involved in the question where we had to draw the rate-pH graph?
For the toxic gases did people get ethanoic acid for one??
I know everyone is hating the paper at the moment, but i really dont think it was that bad compared to past papers, the main questions ( TLC, DNA, Calculation) were all fairly easy and thats a large chunk of marks tbf, some hard questions in there too though
Original post by Minecraft27
Somebody in my exam room was LITERALLY crying. Not kidding. She was ACTUALLY in tears for the second half of the exam. She also came out of the room crying her eyes out. Come to think of it, most people in the room were making some kind of grunt during that paper.

The amount of sighing I could hear almost comforted me knowing I wasn't the only one
And then we came out and people were just breaking down
Original post by BrandonRendell
Hydrolysing that big polymer with the arene groups should have gotten you one with NH3+ and the other with a carboxyl group and the OH untouched,

Percentage by mass question I got 97.1%

The choking gas I wrote ethanoic acid

The toxic gas from the steel recycling bit i wrote chlorine gas

The thing that reacts with iodine was the one under it in the table

TLC question was nice

the biology DNA replication was nice, my teacher used some retarded way of remembering that guanine and cytosine form three H bonds so that made me smile when it came up

Drawing two amino acids reacting together is a godsend OCR y u give free marks thanks very much, aswell as the enzyme v ph graph <3

I just thought the paper was the nicest they've given in a long time. Think about it, no long ass question about rates, multi step reactions etc, no strange curveball mole calculation

I reckon the only things I know I got wrong was the IR spectra, and the two 1 markers about combinational chemistry and improving medicines

GTFO.
Original post by Welbeck
f4cking bu11 sh1t paper! OCR are taking the pis5. I'm supposed to be off to birmingham/bath to do a chem degree, but don't even know if I should now!

I'm also hoping to go to Bath to study chemistry and pretty sure it's not going to happen after that, this exam and the biology exam on Monday have been horrendous, so difficult compared to previous years.
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Fe2+ + 2OH- --> Fe(OH)2

arr i used fe3+
This paper was like they took four of the hardest questions from all the past papers ever, and mashed them all together into one horrible thing. Then they got a question from a biology paper and stuck it on the end.
What the actual f*** were they thinking. Fu ocr b
Guys since it was HCl, wouldn't one of the aromatic things actually have been R-NH3Cl. I think that's what the textbook does?
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Fe2+ + 2OH- --> Fe(OH)2

second one for orange was fe(OH)3
Original post by johnny147
What does everyone get for the last question to draw part of a protein?

I just drew the amide/peptide link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending