The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
Original post by gcsestuff
The answer to this is zero? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433945590.035900.jpg
I still don't understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you were to draw the field lines for each of the charges, then there would be a point in the centre where the field lines would repel.
Original post by Sumz.96
When do you use Right hand rule?

When you're moving say a bar through a magnetic field. This induces a current. The same fingers still apply and the force is what the person is doing to it so say a person pulls a bar up with a magnetic field into the page an induced current will be induced going right.

Is to do with lenzs law which is - the direction of induced emf opposes the change that created it.

So using both the left hand and right hand rules we can see that if a bar in pushed one way a magnetic force will act in the opposite direction.

I think this is right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3382
Original post by Klaxoii
As high as possible, I need a B in physics overall, so the higher this is, the less pressure I have next week. What are you going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense! Need an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh just come out of a chemistry exam. head's that mashed I don't even know where to start with physics 4 revision tonight.
Original post by Klaxoii
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433946767.452770.jpg

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

DOn't mean to be a pain but how did you get from 100 to 800? Thanks
I need 46/75 going of last years boundaries to get my c in physics (all I need) so prayin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone list what happens when you travel along field lines, along lines of equal potential, etc for electric and magnetic fields?
I don't really get the work done thing/ force on particle in these situations

Thanks, only just saw it now, weird it didn't come in my notifications
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433949982.602724.jpg

Could someone please explain how to do this, maybe I'm just being stupid 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kennethm
force is not towards Y, the answers is out of A and D.

the force is away from Y OR Towards X because an electron is negative and the 100V plate is +

AH, i get it now. It is +30eV because you have to put work in to go against the force
Original post by _Caz_
ugh just come out of a chemistry exam. head's that mashed I don't even know where to start with physics 4 revision tonight.

Was it OCR by the way, that exam was absolutely brutal!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Was it OCR by the way, that exam was absolutely brutal!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but hopefully i changed my exam board. In OCR the content is less but is in detail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_

F324? Yeah same :/
Reply 3393
Original post by AR_95
I was a few weeks ago. Oddly, the closer I get to the exam, and more work I do, the less prepared I feel

This is exactly how I feel especially after doing that maths C4 :frown:
For the gravity question, weight is proportional to 1/separation^2, whereas V is proportional to 1/seperation
Does anyone know any examples of the different types of damping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Its Andy
For the gravity question, weight is proportional to 1/separation^2, whereas V is proportional to 1/seperation

is this a question?
Reply 3397
1433950443719-330776441.jpg does it matter whether it os the northpole or the southpole going in, will both have the same effect of increase in magnetic flux?
Reply 3398
Original post by MSB47
This is exactly how I feel especially after doing that maths C4 :frown:

Which board? AQA C4 screwed me over 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Substitution
DOn't mean to be a pain but how did you get from 100 to 800? Thanks

This is not a substitute to Klaxoii's solution but with this you don't have to interpret your result. Also this relationship only holds when the density is constant.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433950523.786395.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending