The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Philosophy of Religion likely questions

Hi!
Does anyone know what the questions were last year? I haven't been able to find the paper.
And could anyone who knows what they're talking about kindly give a brief prediction of what exactly will come up this year?

Also, I've revised for religious language, attributes of God and miracles way more than for anything else. Is that a safe thing to do?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

I can't find the paper either, but I know that a comparison of Hick and Plato's view of the soul came up, Biblical miracles, Symbol and myth and revelation, apparently.

I've done the same and revised LOADS of religious language because that supposedly comes up every year. I've done lots on miracles and a fair amount on life after death, just working on attributes of God but I don't think I'll finish it all in time. I reckon you've revised the right topics ☺️
Reply 2
Predictions-

Disembodied existence
Miracles (specifically comparison of definitions)
Omniscience
And arguments for and against religious experience

Obviously don't take these as the questions but I'm definitely focusing on miracles, attributed of God and religious experience, found the predictions online and at least two of them are always quite accurate but religious language has never not come up so I'm pretty sure it will
Reply 3
Original post by StolenUsername
Hi!
Does anyone know what the questions were last year? I haven't been able to find the paper.
And could anyone who knows what they're talking about kindly give a brief prediction of what exactly will come up this year?

Also, I've revised for religious language, attributes of God and miracles way more than for anything else. Is that a safe thing to do?

Thanks.

http://1drv.ms/1JBwSrx
Original post by eposak
Predictions-

Disembodied existence
Miracles (specifically comparison of definitions)
Omniscience
And arguments for and against religious experience

Obviously don't take these as the questions but I'm definitely focusing on miracles, attributed of God and religious experience, found the predictions online and at least two of them are always quite accurate but religious language has never not come up so I'm pretty sure it will

Do you think it's a bad idea not to revise omnipotence or omnibenevolence? I've revised omniscience but our teacher just rushed through the other two?
Reply 5
Hi,

Have you got the sheet for the ethics past papers also?

Thank You.
Reply 6
Original post by Mr.JoeH
Hi,

Have you got the sheet for the ethics past papers also?

Thank You.

No, however, conscience, virtue ethics, environment and free will are likely topics to come up with time around.

(Free Will, Business, Sex and Meta Ethics came up last year in 2014)
Reply 7
So what does everyone think will come up today?
Reply 8
Original post by Gos123
No, however, conscience, virtue ethics, environment and free will are likely topics to come up with time around.

(Free Will, Business, Sex and Meta Ethics came up last year in 2014)

In 2014 it was conscience not meta ethics that came up, so meta is quite likely this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Naomi12
In 2014 it was conscience not meta ethics that came up, so meta is quite likely this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mb. I was operating on memory from what my teacher had said.
Reply 10
Original post by Mr.JoeH
So what does everyone think will come up today?

Revelation through Scripture
Religious Language (Analogy/Verification)
Religious Experience ( Not numinous )
Miracles.
Reply 11
Original post by Gos123
Revelation through Scripture
Religious Language (Analogy/Verification)
Religious Experience ( Not numinous )
Miracles.

I thought Revelation through Scripture would only come up with Religious Experience?
Reply 12
Original post by Mr.JoeH
I thought Revelation through Scripture would only come up with Religious Experience?

They're separate topics, albeit under the term 'religious experience'. Scriptural revelation hasn't come up since January 2011.

The Specification has 5 areas:
Religious Language
Experience (inc. Revelation).
Miracles
Body Soul (Life After Death/Problem of Evil)
Qualities/Nature of God.
Reply 13
Original post by Gos123
They're separate topics, albeit under the term 'religious experience'. Scriptural revelation hasn't come up since January 2011.

The Specification has 5 areas:
Religious Language
Experience (inc. Revelation).
Miracles
Body Soul (Life After Death/Problem of Evil)
Qualities/Nature of God.

Ah okay thank you, also, have you got any evidence from where you have made your predictions from?
Reply 14
Original post by Mr.JoeH
Ah okay thank you, also, have you got any evidence from where you have made your predictions from?

Look upwards, there's a link to a onedrive file with previous exam questions. My assumption that scripture will come up based on the fact that they've asked repeatedly about James, Conversion, Voices, Corporate, Numinous (Otto) and others, whilst Scripture hasn't come up since 2011.
Reply 15
Original post by Gos123
Look upwards, there's a link to a onedrive file with previous exam questions. My assumption that scripture will come up based on the fact that they've asked repeatedly about James, Conversion, Voices, Corporate, Numinous (Otto) and others, whilst Scripture hasn't come up since 2011.

Ah alright thank you :smile:
Reply 16
So... how'd ya'll find it? x)

Personally, I thought it was OK. I managed to complete both questions (1 and 4) and wrote a sufficient amount (4 sides+ for each essay). Considering I didn't revise and what I did revise (religious language) didn't even come up, I'd like to think I did alright. I'm just hoping what I wrote was relevant... although I really didn't throw in a lot of philosophers which I think is really vital to do in the whole essay... ;/
Original post by DominicRCWC
So... how'd ya'll find it? x)

Personally, I thought it was OK. I managed to complete both questions (1 and 4) and wrote a sufficient amount (4 sides+ for each essay). Considering I didn't revise and what I did revise (religious language) didn't even come up, I'd like to think I did alright. I'm just hoping what I wrote was relevant... although I really didn't throw in a lot of philosophers which I think is really vital to do in the whole essay... ;/

I did the life after death and the attributes question, but thought the attributes one was way too broad - I had no idea what they were looking for! Just really hope I got the A*..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Answered question 3 and 4. Life after death and Attributes of God.... seemed to go well
Reply 19
How did people structure the attributes essay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending