The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gilbertblythe
What did people get for the choking vapour..?

It was ethanoic acid but I was stupid and put methanoic acid since I can't count carbons correctly.
Original post by Mars256
Can anyone member what enzyme was involved in the question where we had to draw the rate-pH graph?

Polymerase
Original post by MathsAddict
second one for orange was fe(OH)3

Thats what i thought cuz doesnt it oxidise
Original post by diba786
Polymerase

What did you get for optimum Ph?
Original post by Jaz_ace
Thats what i thought cuz doesnt it oxidise

There two answers g one was fe{OH[2 and was fe{OH)3 the green was first one and orange was second one or red or whatever it was
Original post by Denarkas
I put ethanoic acid, But i'm probably wrong. Was the only thing i could see that could be released from the molecule.

Ethanoic acid is vinegar which causes choking.
Original post by HItchslapped
Ethanoic acid is vinegar which causes choking.

Yayy i guess it as well XD omg at least one thing i got right for sure
Original post by BrandonRendell
Hydrolysing that big polymer with the arene groups should have gotten you one with NH3+ and the other with a carboxyl group and the OH untouched,

Percentage by mass question I got 97.1%

The choking gas I wrote ethanoic acid

The toxic gas from the steel recycling bit i wrote chlorine gas

The thing that reacts with iodine was the one under it in the table

TLC question was nice

the biology DNA replication was nice, my teacher used some retarded way of remembering that guanine and cytosine form three H bonds so that made me smile when it came up

Drawing two amino acids reacting together is a godsend OCR y u give free marks thanks very much, aswell as the enzyme v ph graph <3

I just thought the paper was the nicest they've given in a long time. Think about it, no long ass question about rates, multi step reactions etc, no strange curveball mole calculation

I reckon the only things I know I got wrong was the IR spectra, and the two 1 markers about combinational chemistry and improving medicines

None of it was particularly 'hard' but it was very broad for a F334 paper. Loads of places where a few marks could slip here and there.
Original post by TikiLodge
What did you get for optimum Ph?

Optimum hp is around 6-7 anything below or above meant graph was going up or down
Original post by HItchslapped
I just drew the amide/peptide link

I drew the whole protein because I didn't understand what it was asking for! We got asked to draw an amide link in question 1 so I thought surely they wouldn't ask us to draw the exact thing twice? Hope they award a mark for both

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the coulour of iron (II)
And what is combinatorial chemistry answer and the one on how to improve medicines

Posted from TSR Mobile
what step did everyone put for redox of vanadium
Original post by tealover96
What was the toxic gas?
I put so2 even though there wasn't any oxygen for s to react with!

The question said it was roasting aka reacting with oxygen in the air.
Optimum hp is around 6-7 anything below or above meant graph was going up or down

Oh good :biggrin:. My graph basically increased up to a peak at Ph7 and then was a pretty sharp drop after that.
Found any cracking comments yet Simon? :wink:
Original post by emilyscottx
I drew the whole protein because I didn't understand what it was asking for! We got asked to draw an amide link in question 1 so I thought surely they wouldn't ask us to draw the exact thing twice? Hope they award a mark for both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same i drew one peptide link with the secondary amid nothing else tbh cause they said two molecules
To those who did purity of aspirin as their project all got ethanoic acid as the choking fumes, that **** burnt my eyes and throat after taking it out of the microwave each time :'(
There two answers g one was fe{OH[2 and was fe{OH)3 the green was first one and orange was second one or red or whatever it was

so wen u had to write the equation which one did u use
Original post by Minecraft27
I got 2.5% for the iron. I think I might still get 3 marks or so from the working I did.

The worst thing is, I have a physics paper tomorrow MORNING. From OCR.

Same I think it should of been 100 minus our answer. However it should give us at least three marks
Reply 619
Is there anyone that doesn't do biology that found the DNA questions easy lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending