The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matt1997
Do you remember what the litertrue questins were for the spanish if you do aqa for that?

I do spanish too. Which topic??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate_maria
I do spanish too. Which topic??

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the Spanish Author so not dramatist/poet one?
For the Spanish Author so not dramatist/poet one?

Sorry didn't look at that question as I did a play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you remember what the litertrue questins were for the spanish if you do aqa for that?

Society and is it positive and negative
And one character
Reply 204
Original post by CelineBean
I am :biggrin:
Depends what the question is, I only remember a few. I use some like 'je suis un géant et j'ai sur moi toutes les planètes', 'c'est quoi, un juif ?' In order to represent joffo's child-like manner as he doesn't understand the situation, then I use ones like 'c'est la dernière fois que je la prends' (in reference to his suitcase) to show his journey ending. There's a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head, but just simple ones about exploring the streets of Paris, maybe ones about how him and Maurice develop throughout the book etc. Hope this helps :biggrin:

However the mark schemes do say that whilst specific quotes enhance an essay, referencing to a specific part in the book is just as fine too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are super useful. Assuming that the literature question is going to possibly character based (I think either this or social context), does anyone have any Un Sac De Billes related character info?
Does anyone know a website with translation exercises??

Posted from TSR Mobile
what are peoples predictions for the film based question and the book? many thanks :smile:
Original post by coronatheatre
what are peoples predictions for the film based question and the book? many thanks :smile:

I second this.

Particularly if anyone has any idea of messages in un sac de Billes and la haine I'd be grateful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if there are any lists of exam style questions anywhere? I feel it would be more useful to practise using essays that haven't already been set (preferably for the director or the play). I have a feeling someone has already asked this so sorry if they have!
Reply 209
Hey, does anyone know a website with grammar exercises?
anyone doing 'le petit prince' and have a good essay?
Reply 211
Original post by kate_maria
Does anyone know a website with translation exercises??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ZUT ? Or register to TES which teachers post loads of exercises on
Original post by Han24
ZUT ? Or register to TES which teachers post loads of exercises on

Thanks!
Reply 213
Original post by NatBrownBac
anyone doing 'le petit prince' and have a good essay?

I am doing Le Petit Prince too and my teacher wrote an essay about how society is presented in the book compared to today's society but apparently the essay is predicted to be on messages or themes this year so I will probably write about the themes love and friendship.
oooh fab! who told you these predictions
Original post by sg97
I am doing Le Petit Prince too and my teacher wrote an essay about how society is presented in the book compared to today's society but apparently the essay is predicted to be on messages or themes this year so I will probably write about the themes love and friendship.
So it looks like for the author/novel a lot of people are predicting messages? anyone have any other predictions like characters etc?
Also is anyone else doing La Symphonie Pastorale haha?
Does anyone have any predictions for the film or history questions, I'm stuck at how to revise and I think practicing some predicted questions would be super useful if anyone has any ideas? And TES is great for translation practice
Original post by lemxn
I'm going to focus on translation and writing mainly for revision, and try to find some useful listening and reading exercises which is hard with the lack of past papers.

However I have found past papers (some with mark schemes, transcripts and sound files) from 2003, 06, 07, 08 and 10. They are a different specification and look a bit harder but the layout for translation is the same and the essay questions are similar.

I have put all files here and will update if I can find more papers:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ehhuo3nhcruwh/AQA_A2_FRENCH_PAST_PAPERS

Does anyone have 2009 or 2011 past papers? (and mark schemes/sound files if possible)

I did Un Sac de Billes as well but won't be looking at it again (boring!!) I will be doing Les 400 Coups/Francois Truffaut for the essay which is alright but you are so lucky you get to do a film which is actually good, I love Amelie!

Hey, this link is great thanks, are the essay questions on here for the papers before 2010?
Has anyone got any ideas for Le Petit Prince for messages? I can't think of many and I'm super worried it will come up!
Reply 219
Original post by hannahemer
Hey, this link is great thanks, are the essay questions on here for the papers before 2010?

Yes they are, before 2010 there was an extra unit

I haven't looked at them much but if they're on the cultural topics we do now then go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending