The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry 6ch04/05 JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

What did you guys say a reason for the data being useful? I said because [X] changes so it tells you whether or not [X] has an effect on the rate?
Original post by MoHoosen9167
What did you guys say a reason for the data being useful? I said because [X] changes so it tells you whether or not [X] has an effect on the rate?

Allows you to find rate equation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got A for the first multiple choice, B for the second, carbon dioxide as the one not suitable in gas chromatography, cyclohexane for the ultraviolet one, 0.56 for the NO2 at 40%, -12 for the caesium fluoride (think this is wrong though), 0.6 for the concentration of NO2 at equilibrium. Potassium dichromate giving positive test with ethane-1, 2-diol, sodium carbonate for effervescense of carboxylic acid.

I had NaOH as the catalyst, k=0.21mol-1dm3s-1, ethanoyl chloride and condensation, 3.1 tonnes for the yield, should have been Sn1 not Sn2 as order of reaction is one and the bromoalkane was tertiary (?), step 1 should have been slow step (?). 11.87 as the pH of the solution, pH higher than 7 because titrating strong base against weak acid. Buffer region for the titration curve so resists changes in pH so addition of OH- gives you propanoate and water, sour taste for the effect on food. Can't remember any more off the top of my head :/
Anyone put triplet and doublet?

KOH for biodiesel Q?

And what was the technique to extract the oil..?
What technique did you use for oil?

Heat and distill?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What'd you guys get for the S total???
Can't remember if I got my cycle right way round to work out the enthalpy xD
Original post by Wahid1
pH of 12.

Would make it sour (which I got wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that too... What's the right answer then?
A* - 75
a - 68
b - 61
c - 54
d - 47

???
When does an unofficial Mark scheme come out? Or is it not like maths?
Original post by HappyCheesecake
I got A for the first multiple choice, B for the second, carbon dioxide as the one not suitable in gas chromatography, cyclohexane for the ultraviolet one, 0.56 for the NO2 at 40%, -12 for the caesium fluoride (think this is wrong though), 0.6 for the concentration of NO2 at equilibrium. Potassium dichromate giving positive test with ethane-1, 2-diol, sodium carbonate for effervescense of carboxylic acid.

I had NaOH as the catalyst, k=0.21mol-1dm3s-1, ethanoyl chloride and condensation, 3.1 tonnes for the yield, should have been Sn1 not Sn2 as order of reaction is one and the bromoalkane was tertiary (?), step 1 should have been slow step (?). 11.87 as the pH of the solution, pH higher than 7 because titrating strong base against weak acid. Buffer region for the titration curve so resists changes in pH so addition of OH- gives you propanoate and water, sour taste for the effect on food. Can't remember any more off the top of my head :/

I believe the gas was oxygen as not suitable for chromatography
Original post by Nautic4l

Niet.

One was a quartet remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frozo123
LAD, I remember you from last year, how you find it?

I remember you too haha. Yeah not too bad, definitely got atleast an A that's for sure, but really want the a*, so let's see. lol
At the beginning of one of the questions, it said something like "instant coffee can be made from adding boiling water to coffee grounds". I just giggled to myself. That sentence was so irrelevant. 😂😂😂
Original post by ojstratton
A* - 75
a - 68
b - 61
c - 54
d - 47

???

is it for GCE or IAL????
Original post by hsheahan
When does an unofficial Mark scheme come out? Or is it not like maths?

When one of us decides to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

KOH for biodiesel Q?

I can't remember the first one

I put H2SO4, because it's transesterification?

And I said separating using a separating funnel, and letting the oil layer run out.

KOH for biodiesel Q?

I put Triplet & Quarlet as H2 group joins onto CH3 group hence n+1

I put sulfuric acid for Q catalyst (if that's what you're asking, can't remember the question :P)

& for technique I said Filtration..
Original post by MoHoosen9167
I can't remember the first one

I put H2SO4, because it's transesterification?

And I said separating using a separating funnel, and letting the oil layer run out.

Defo not separating funnel because they specifically say those two dissolve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ojstratton
A* - 75
a - 68
b - 61
c - 54
d - 47

???

65 for an A perhaps based on the reaction here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HappyCheesecake
carbon dioxide as the one not suitable in gas chromatography, cyclohexane for the ultraviolet one

Oxygen as not suitable - reacts with things
cyclohexanol for the microwave one because molecule has a dipole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending