The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StudyMad
Thats exactly what happened with me! I thought the paper was horrible even though i revised loads, but with about 30mins more r so, maybe i would actially have had a shot at finishing the paper! I guess i can wave goodbye to my uni place now, they want an a* in chemistry and i missed out about half the paper so thats not going to happen.... :-(

Same for me for Bristol :frown: Hope monday's is less ****ty
Original post by kevintai0901
I put chlorine. Please do correct me if you think I am wrong.

I put hydrogen chloride....
Original post by nic0847
I put hydrogen chloride....

Same here
Original post by MathsAddict
Me i dont see any point in doing past papers i am going to do hard questions that i can find on mechanics in my maths book and online thermal questions

I bet the physics paper is going to have loads of chemistry questions if its like f334
Original post by Marseille013
For the oxidation states of vanadium, I got +8 +5 +5 +5..
Majority of people are saying +4 +5 +5 +5
But I swear the first one was VS4, so one vanadium for 4 sulphur, sulphur is -2, so vanadium +8..
Unless I read the original formula wrong...

That's exactly what I got!!
Anyone have an unofficial markscheme - I'm paranoid I've forgotten something!://
Which one?
Original post by student1508
Anyone have an unofficial markscheme - I'm paranoid I've forgotten something!://
Original post by nic0847
That's exactly what I got!!

Im pretty sure it told us the oxidation state of the Sulfur ion used (it had some oxygen with it?) was -2, and there were two of them with the vanadium, so the vanadium was +4?
Original post by EmmaDalby97
Im pretty sure it told us the oxidation state of the Sulfur ion used (it had some oxygen with it?) was -2, and there were two of them with the vanadium, so the vanadium was +4?

See that's what I thought and my friend put +4 as well. However with so many different answers I'm not really sure.
Reply 689
That paper was satanic, definitely the hardest one yet... RIP to us.
Does anyone know what the overall percentage weightings for each module are?
On the bright side, let's concentrate on doing our best for F335! (It had better be nicer than this paper!)
Original post by EmmaDalby97

It told us it was 2-, and there was 4, so it assumed it was -8
Original post by Mars256
I bet the physics paper is going to have loads of chemistry questions if its like f334

Lol imagine that we find the missing chem in physics LOOOL i will cry
Original post by TikiLodge
See that's what I thought and my friend put +4 as well. However with so many different answers I'm not really sure.

Tbh after that paper I can't even be sure i spelt my name right on the front, the whole thing was a mess :frown:
But I swear the first one was VS4, so one vanadium for 4 sulphur, sulphur is -2, so vanadium +8..

it told you at the start of the question that the formula for S was S2 ^-2
Original post by strugglingstdnt
what ums do we need for an A out of 600?

480 because it's 80% of 600

It told you that S2 was 2- i think..
worst F334 paper to date

there was 4sulfur atoms in the equation
Original post by jg88
That paper was satanic, definitely the hardest one yet... RIP to us.
Does anyone know what the overall percentage weightings for each module are?
On the bright side, let's concentrate on doing our best for F335! (It had better be nicer than this paper!)

F334 is 15% of the A Level, F335 is 20% and F336 is 15%

lol watch how F335 is even worse OCR without a doubt my least favourite exam board

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending