The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

This may be a bit early, but i though i'd make this thread to help out in preparation for the OCR B salters exam. Although it'll probably more useful closer to the time.
I haven't found any other thread on this other than the one from last year, so if there's already an existing one please let me know :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I do this exam board and I hate it so much! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do it too
How far are u guys in terms of the syllabus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 3 teachers so I am currently doing Medicines by Design, Oceans and Colour by Design!

I'm finding this year more interesting (apart from oceans)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys know how to work out how many marks are needed to get an A overall? I found the grade boundaries and know how many marks gives an A on each individual paper but don't know what the overall UMS to get an A is... if that makes sense?
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't actually! I'd love to know if you have the answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
you will need 480/600 us to get an A over AS and A2. F334 A is normally 71/90 raw marks and F335 is normally 82/120 raw marks for an A(quite easy!) along with the CW which you could quite easily be getting 40+/45 (i got 43), so it does help if your AS score is quite high also.
Reply 7
Has anyone started any past papers yet? If you have how are you finding them?
Reply 8
Oh and has everyone finished the syllabus yet?
We finished the syllabus but I haven't started past papers yet. Have you started and how are you finding it? What do you think are the hardest modules ? What are you aiming for ? And have you got back your coursework mark yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm finding chemistry SO challenging, I haven't started any papers yet and we still haven't finished the course
Reply 11
Original post by pinkgorilla
We finished the syllabus but I haven't started past papers yet. Have you started and how are you finding it? What do you think are the hardest modules ? What are you aiming for ? And have you got back your coursework mark yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm finding most of it alright, except perhaps redox (transition metals) and RDS. Aiming for an A. And no my coursework has not been marked.
You?
Original post by TheRAG
I'm finding most of it alright, except perhaps redox (transition metals) and RDS. Aiming for an A. And no my coursework has not been marked.
You?

I'm still trying to cover and be confident in all the topics before starting past papers. What's RDS ?
Same my coursework has not been marked, but I am hoping for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by pinkgorilla
I'm still trying to cover and be confident in all the topics before starting past papers. What's RDS ?
Same my coursework has not been marked, but I am hoping for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

RDS is Rate Determining Step
Reply 14
Hey guys i understand how to name primary,secondary and tertiary amines but i just dont understand when some have for example "n-ethyethanamide". what is the n-? and when do you use it?
Original post by TheRAG
Oh and has everyone finished the syllabus yet?

People have finished the syllabus?! My class are half way through colour by design.

Our coursework is being marked over easter.

Hoping for a B overall
Reply 16
I have just done the June 2014 paper and it was HARD:angry: Some pretty horrible questions in there like nearly the whole of question 2 (Rates) and one about Tm/Tg that almost contradicted anything we'd been taught. It was ironic that the polymer molecule in question was called PEEK!
Are any of you retaking last years modules?
Also oceans is proving to be the hardest in terms of calculations in exam papers, even the 1 markers bring me down to tears..
Original post by thelizzister
Are any of you retaking last years modules?
Also oceans is proving to be the hardest in terms of calculations in exam papers, even the 1 markers bring me down to tears..

I'm retaking f331
And haven't even started papers for f335!
Did my first f334 paper today but it was from 2002 so the spec was quite different (it was mostly f335)
Original post by tealover96
I'm retaking f331
And haven't even started papers for f335!
Did my first f334 paper today but it was from 2002 so the spec was quite different (it was mostly f335)

Well at least f331 one is just EL and DF and hopefully it'll be easier this time round for you (fingers crossed) , f332 is a killer but the advance notice seems better than last year... f334 seems more do-able compared to f335, how did you find the calculation questions?
Good luck with revision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending