The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

another king cobra..
But nah it was +4, it said S2 was -2 and there was VS4 so s4=-4 therefore V=4
Original post by Mars256
Whose got OCR b physics g494 tomorrow. That'll be fun!!!

I've got AQA Physics :tongue:
Original post by Clive Bixby
Why has everyone got ethanoic acid? I wrote carbon monoxide because the elements were sort of there and I knew that CO actually chokes people by binding to haemoglobin which is what we sort of learnt last year. How does ethanoic acid choke people? Isn't it basically breathing in vinegar plus its a weak acid .. I don't know what to think.....

If you had played with glacial (conc) ethanoic acid before (like I did for my aspirin coursework), you will know the vapor WILL choke you to death. I almost had an asthma attack when I was 'checking the process' of my synthesis by fanning the epected product (ethanoic acid) formed in my reaction towards my face. That was bad move.
how did people find it? I think the paper was muchh better than last years in terms of difficulty but still some quite difficult qs
Reply 704
Original post by MMB07
Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:

I got the triester! so did most at my school, the peak around 3000cm-1 was negligible!
oh man i got edexcel physics
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? Hopefully below 70 for an A - is that realistic?
Original post by EmmaDalby97
There was two steps, step one its oxidation state went from +4 to +5 so it was oxidised, and in the last step it went from a +5 compound to just V which is 0 so it was reduced

But they only asked for steps one to three which doesn't include the last step?
Original post by lexl23
Dayum guys, I found that a hard paper!

I got 97.1% too

I got VO^2+ as the ion that reacts with NaI

How did you work out the 97.1 question?
What did u guys put for the intermolecular bonding q? Like what bonds
I feel like im revising so hard for no bloody reason! Wtf was that?!
Seriously?
No Hitler video???
Does anybody know the wording of the 5 Mark DNA Question,
I've managed to forget what was round I put the 2 and 3 hydrogen Bonds but can remember by looking at the question
For the ph question were we meant to have units ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shostakovish
Seriously?
No Hitler video???

Well there is for the OCR A people but I guess because we're quite a small board...?
Original post by Clive Bixby
Why has everyone got ethanoic acid? I wrote carbon monoxide because the elements were sort of there and I knew that CO actually chokes people by binding to haemoglobin which is what we sort of learnt last year. How does ethanoic acid choke people? Isn't it basically breathing in vinegar plus its a weak acid .. I don't know what to think.....

I got ethanoic acid because it was an ethanoate ester bonded to the carbon ring and it said it was hydrolysed, so logical step would be breaking ester bond to produce ethanoic acid?
Original post by radhikagulati
I was stupid and crossed out the no. of hydrogen bonds do you think ill get a mark for saying CG has more hydrogen bonds? I put all the other stuff you said

dunno :/ CG does have more hydrogen bonds tbf but the markers are dicks and will probs say no :frown:
Reply 717
Original post by Fleet_Fox
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? Hopefully below 70 for an A - is that realistic?

Well last years paper (which I found harder than this) was 70, so I doubt it
Guys here's another one:

weird molecule: PD-PD + ID-ID
polyester: PD-PD + ID-ID

i just put the same thing twice?
Original post by big fat poo
Guys here's another one:

weird molecule: PD-PD + ID-ID
polyester: PD-PD + ID-ID

i just put the same thing twice?

on the page previously it said that polyesters could form hydrogen bongs so for I put that for PE as well as ID-ID and PD-PD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending