The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by creamyulpizza
Can anyone tell me the questions that were on 2014 physics and biology exam paper???

what unit?
Original post by kxylah
what unit?
p1-p3 and b1-b3 and c1-c3
Reply 462
p1-p3 and b1-b3 and c1-c3

why would you need these, the exam is over? :s-smilie:
Reply 463
they are for my mocks i am in year 10

ohh right - don't bother thinking too much about mocks, they're so useless haha
for b123 the six markers was on why some decide to have genetic testing whereas some don't, one was a table question where you had to analyse, and the b3 six marker was on natural selection vs selective breeding

thats all i remember haha hope i helped
Anyone have the mark scheme or paper for the 2014 paper? if so please leave a link :smile: thank you
Original post by memoarslan
Anyone have the mark scheme or paper for the 2014 paper? if so please leave a link :smile: thank you

for what
for what

The exam paper, june 2014 P123 :smile:
The exam paper, june 2014 P123 :smile:

Why would you need that? Lemme guess you have your mocks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Littleonezz
Why would you need that? Lemme guess you have your mocks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I had my mocks last week but felt i didn't do too great - I want to see where i went wrong in the paper :smile:
No, I had my mocks last week but felt i didn't do too great - I want to see where i went wrong in the paper :smile:

Believable
You'll get your mocks back soon if you aren't fibbing
I'm so surprised TSR isn't enforcing the policy of preventing people from cheating...
That's why I was hesitant on sending out the 2014 papers, but it seems like the moderators aren't doing anything about it for year 10 mocks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
Believable
You'll get your mocks back soon if you aren't fibbing
I'm so surprised TSR isn't enforcing the policy of preventing people from cheating...
That's why I was hesitant on sending out the 2014 papers, but it seems like the moderators aren't doing anything about it for year 10 mocks...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it that when you ask someone for last years paper or mark scheme they think you are cheating. Not everyone in the world is dishonest. Some people say mocks yr 10 are not important so why????Lastly my mocks came from 2013,2012,2011 combined together. So if i ask for 2014 markscheme it is cheating???
Can someone please post the p123 and p4567 if possible now. I'm presuming that now that its July all mocks will be over as school finishes very school so I doubt mocks will still be going. I am asking for revision purposes. I want to start really and have done all the other past papers at least 10 times now. I had my mocks 3 weeks ago and my school made each paper :frown:
Original post by x.hetty.x
Can someone please post the p123 and p4567 if possible now. I'm presuming that now that its July all mocks will be over as school finishes very school so I doubt mocks will still be going. I am asking for revision purposes. I want to start really and have done all the other past papers at least 10 times now. I had my mocks 3 weeks ago and my school made each paper :frown:

If you are referring to the 2015 papers, these are likely to be used in your January mocks, or year 11 mocks whenever you have them

Good that they made each paper though! But not all schools will be finished just yet.

Your best bet will be to ask your teacher or head of department, who will give you them only if you need them. If anything, the previous series, topic-wise, is normally different to the series you will be sitting in 2016, but when it comes to your exams next year it will be a good to do the 2015 ones in case they repeat the question/style

There are 100s of past papers available for the previous spec, under the 'legacy specification'. There have been some changes, but for the most part, the content hasn't massively changed (there has been some shuffling around, but assuming you are preparing for all 1-7 it won't matter too much)

To add to that, there are some good Oxbow questions you can also do, along with AQA, Edexcel, WJEC and CCEA questions, which will be fine to test your knowledge (though the content might not be exactly the same)

...so you don't really need the June 2015/June 2014 papers just yet, especially whilst schools haven't all finished their mocks.

Good luck in Year 11!
Why is it that when you ask someone for last years paper or mark scheme they think you are cheating. Not everyone in the world is dishonest. Some people say mocks yr 10 are not important so why????Lastly my mocks came from 2013,2012,2011 combined together. So if i ask for 2014 markscheme it is cheating???

Sorry I mustn't have replied to your message.

Not sure if I mentioned it in a previous post on this thread, or on a different one, but they can determine sets, intervention, predicted grades etc...

At the end of the day, if you were to cheat you only cheat yourself as you will not find out the best way to revise/if you understand things fully.

Check my above post for some tips which might help you, in terms of testing your knowledge.
Original post by Jitesh
If you are referring to the 2015 papers, these are likely to be used in your January mocks, or year 11 mocks whenever you have them

Good that they made each paper though! But not all schools will be finished just yet.

Your best bet will be to ask your teacher or head of department, who will give you them only if you need them. If anything, the previous series, topic-wise, is normally different to the series you will be sitting in 2016, but when it comes to your exams next year it will be a good to do the 2015 ones in case they repeat the question/style

There are 100s of past papers available for the previous spec, under the 'legacy specification'. There have been some changes, but for the most part, the content hasn't massively changed (there has been some shuffling around, but assuming you are preparing for all 1-7 it won't matter too much)

To add to that, there are some good Oxbow questions you can also do, along with AQA, Edexcel, WJEC and CCEA questions, which will be fine to test your knowledge (though the content might not be exactly the same)

...so you don't really need the June 2015/June 2014 papers just yet, especially whilst schools haven't all finished their mocks.

Good luck in Year 11!

I was actually referring to the 2015 papers but I guess you are right. Thank you for the tips, I will keep them in mind whilst revising. If you don't mind can you post the papers on around the 17th July as schools finish then so all mocks will be finished. I actually did ask my school for the papers but they said to just wait for when they are released. Do you by any chance know when the 2014 papers will be released?
Original post by x.hetty.x
I was actually referring to the 2015 papers but I guess you are right. Thank you for the tips, I will keep them in mind whilst revising. If you don't mind can you post the papers on around the 17th July as schools finish then so all mocks will be finished. I actually did ask my school for the papers but they said to just wait for when they are released. Do you by any chance know when the 2014 papers will be released?

The thing is, the 2015 papers are very likely to be used in people's year 11 mocks... although I personally don't have them (teachers should though)

2014 papers will be posted I believe after GCSE results day, or there abouts

Don't stress too much about revising already, I mean it's good to go over notes but you don't want to burn yourself out! People started in February in my year and were burned out before their first exam!

A little over a long time would be a good idea though, just try to do well in controlled assessments at the start of Year 11 as they are just as important :smile:
Somehow I got a C on this paper lmao
Original post by TylerDM
Somehow I got a C on this paper lmao

that's good i did a practice at home and got and A*
that's good i did a practice at home and got and A*

We really needed to know that...
Original post by Vanilla Poison
We really needed to know that...

umm.....sorry if you didn't want to know that. I was just saying.............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending