The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Today I managed to go on a bus myself in over 2 years because of anxiety/panics. I was ok for most of the journey but I panicked like hell about 3/4 of the way there and I got off a few stops before mine which thankfully was right outside my gran's house so I popped in and saw her before heading to my mum's. I am really proud I done that because I couldn't even go on a bus with my mum or Callan let alone go on myself but I am a bit angry at myself for getting off just a few stops before the one I should have got off at. I was so close but so far. That will be tomorrow's challenge though.
When I told my counselor (met her for the first time yesterday) all the things I have done over the last 6/7 months to help myself, she was really happy and proud and said you have done a lot to help yourself, but it really doesn't seem like it and I don't feel like I have done much at all :redface: All I ever do is ask for advice and tell myself what I need to do without actually acting on it.

Original post by CescaD96
can't cope.

What's up? :hugs:
Original post by moment of truth

What's up? :hugs:

I feel so alone and uptight and my head is pounding and ugh
I feel so alone and uptight and my head is pounding and ugh

Can PM if would be helpful?

If your head is pounding, could you have a nap/rest for a little while?

:hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
Can PM if would be helpful?

If your head is pounding, could you have a nap/rest for a little while?

I've tried nap and painkillers, won't work. Even walked down to my granny's where I am now but no
:cry2:
Original post by Pathway

:console:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Today I managed to go on a bus myself in over 2 years because of anxiety/panics. I was ok for most of the journey but I panicked like hell about 3/4 of the way there and I got off a few stops before mine which thankfully was right outside my gran's house so I popped in and saw her before heading to my mum's. I am really proud I done that because I couldn't even go on a bus with my mum or Callan let alone go on myself but I am a bit angry at myself for getting off just a few stops before the one I should have got off at. I was so close but so far. That will be tomorrow's challenge though.

Well done you! Don't worry about not making the whole trip, it's still major progress. :smile:

Original post by Pathway

Annoyed.

Guess like I'll be making my own doctors appointments next time.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Annoyed.

Guess like I'll be making my own doctors appointments next time.

What happened? :hugs:
Had a job interview today so I'm waiting to hear back.

Got an email from one of the other teachers saying I'd forgotten to leave cover work. Now she's not too happy with me because she had nothing to teach in her lesson and I'm really freaking out that I've screwed up so badly :/
What happened? :hugs:

TW = Weight + pills + doctors

Spoiler

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Had a job interview today so I'm waiting to hear back.

Got an email from one of the other teachers saying I'd forgotten to leave cover work. Now she's not too happy with me because she had nothing to teach in her lesson and I'm really freaking out that I've screwed up so badly :/

:hugs: It's not so bad, most good teachers will have a few backup plans for if they get caught short like that. So although yeah, you should have left something, I wouldn't say it's the end of the world. :nah:

Hope the interview went well. :smile:
urgh :cry2:
Original post by ScaryScience
urgh :cry2:
Food

Spoiler

Everyone hates me, and its making me have thoughts, i feel so alone.
Original post by Tree321
Everyone hates me, and its making me have thoughts, i feel so alone.
Everyone does not hate you! :hugs: You've said you and your bf are pretty close for starters. Don't feel alone you're not! Has something triggered you to feel like this today?
Original post by Pathway
Not true at all. :no: You're great at advice and it's ok, lots of people forget to reply. Also, you don't get in the way!

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hope everyone is safe. Welcome to the newbies and :grouphugs: for those who are struggling :frown:

WE LOVE YOU, SOCKY! #TeamSocky

---

I hate my stupid face I hate how it gives me away or looks sad when that's just how I generally am and then my flatmate keeps asking me whats wrong and I get upset because at first nothing much was wrong but now i'm upset about how **** my face is and why does it have to be called 'bitch face' like I'm not a bitch I cant help how I look
Life without mental health problems must be awesome. Feeling so sorry for myself tonight :facepalm:

Latest