The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRAG
I put addition as well, can you confirm this?

Surely you can't have both an addition and elimination reaction? Defeats the object of calling it an addition reaction with 100% atom economy if something is eliminated.
Original post by TheRAG
I put addition as well, can you confirm this?

Yh. Spec point n in whats in a medicine
understand that a condensation reaction is addition followed by elimination;
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jonesy123
Surely you can't have both an addition and elimination reaction? Defeats the object of calling it an addition reaction with 100% atom economy if something is eliminated.

That's what I thought. I put Elimination and Redox because I wasn't really sure on what else to put.
Original post by LordGaben
Yh. Spec point n in whats in a medicine
understand that a condensation reaction is addition followed by elimination;

Damn, just seen it in the spec.
Guys we should all complain about this exam on like every social media so then we can try and make it go viral like that Edexcel Maths exam, and that way OCR B get more pressure to have to lower the grade boundaries even more... you get me? So yeah just try and spread the word so we can get really nice boundaries :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by DGxhilx
Guys we should all complain about this exam on like every social media so then we can try and make it go viral like that Edexcel Maths exam, and that way OCR B get more pressure to have to lower the grade boundaries even more... you get me? So yeah just try and spread the word so we can get really nice boundaries :smile: :smile: :smile:

What happened with the Edexcel Math's exam??
What did the IR question actually say? I just remember saying there was no O-H blah blah and there was a C=O blah blah... (Blah blah is wave number and that :P)

* Did we have to say what molecule it was or something? Mis-read the question O.o
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TommyCooper97
I have but Newtonian World is any easy and interesting module, not like F334 in Chemistry.

Is that AQA B? I'm definitely finding Physics more interesting than Chemistry, especially the Unit 5 astro stuff.
Original post by TikiLodge
What happened with the Edexcel Math's exam??

Apparently it went viral from students complaining about how hard the paper was on social media and stuff
Original post by DGxhilx
Apparently it went viral from students complaining about how hard the paper was on social media and stuff

Apparenly this paper WAS trending on twitter for a bit.
Original post by Minecraft27
Apparenly this paper WAS trending on twitter for a bit.

Ohhhh okay, well that's a good start then
Wait so you guys put an amide link for both the first and last question? Why would they ask that question twice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 772
What did people put for the average rate and rate constant k values?
Original post by TheRAG
What did you all put for the very first question?
I put moderately concentrated hydrochloric acid

Same wrote conc h2SO4
Original post by Julall

I just added them up and divided by 5. For k I think I got 1x10^-6 or something(I think it's wrong)
Original post by penguinofdoom
Is that AQA B? I'm definitely finding Physics more interesting than Chemistry, especially the Unit 5 astro stuff.

No it's OCR A. Yeah hopefully there is lots on the medical imaging in frontiers as well as they are easy if you learn them and are a lot of marks.
Reply 776
Original post by Julall

rate constant was 1x10-6 s-1
Reply 777
How did you all work out the average rate?
Original post by Julall

i think i did the initial conc - final conc then divided by time taken?
Could be completely wrong
Original post by TheRAG
How did you all work out the average rate?

change in concentration divided by the total time,

Quick Reply