The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Do we ever need to use that formula? Never seen it in a paper :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher gave us this formula as well. Although like you say, there has never been a question asked on it, it would be very easy for them to make a question up that made use of the equation so it wouldn't hurt to learn it imo. It's not too difficult to remeber anyway.
Reply 1201
Original post by _Caz_
Not sure. I might just keep it in the back of my mind just in case. It was in the text book so it might be worth knowing.

Sure I'll try and remember it - PHYA4 first though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1202
Original post by myles161
My teacher gave us this formula as well. Although like you say, there has never been a question asked on it, it would be very easy for them to make a question up that made use of the equation so it wouldn't hurt to learn it imo. It's not too difficult to remeber anyway.

I'll bear that in mind thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got resources for medical physics? Nelson Thornes just ain't cutting it for optics :tongue:
Reply 1204
Original post by jf1994
Anyone got resources for medical physics? Nelson Thornes just ain't cutting it for optics :tongue:

I don't personally take that option, but do you have the CGP revision guide? It seems to do all options besides Applied physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't seem to be many taking Astrophysics options on here? Our school must be a bit random!
Original post by MiniMan64
Doesn't seem to be many taking Astrophysics options on here? Our school must be a bit random!

I think quite a lot of us are astro actually, certainly was earlier on in the thread!
Reply 1207
Original post by Lau14
I think quite a lot of us are astro actually, certainly was earlier on in the thread!

Yeah there's tons of Astro! Half the year in my college does it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah there's tons of Astro! Half the year in my college does it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the only option offered at ours now!
Reply 1209
Original post by Lau14
It's the only option offered at ours now!

Wow! Our college offers Astro and applied basically - the others who wanted to do others options were forced to choose haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Wow! Our college offers Astro and applied basically - the others who wanted to do others options were forced to choose haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know why we only offer astro, there are 4 classes running this year. I know the only person who taught medical left last year and there wasn't enough interest anyway (literally 2 people in the year) but they never mentioned other options.
How do you guys feel about Astro?
Original post by MsFahima

Pretty good? Got plenty of work to do to refresh everything that we need to remember, but I think I understand all the content at least!

(thank you for the rating by the way! :smile: )
Original post by Lau14
Pretty good? Got plenty of work to do to refresh everything that we need to remember, but I think I understand all the content at least!

(thank you for the rating by the way! :smile: )

Same here. Just need everything to be refreshed and learnt again. The weekend is for that! :lol:

And it's okay. :h:
Same here. Just need everything to be refreshed and learnt again. The weekend is for that! :lol:

And it's okay. :h:

Yeah I have exams Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday so Wednesday will be for properly relearning all of unit five! Hopefully get to look at it a bit before then as well.
Original post by Lau14
Yeah I have exams Thursday Friday Monday Tuesday so Wednesday will be for properly relearning all of unit five! Hopefully get to look at it a bit before then as well.

Oh wow. I have an exam on Thursday, Friday and Tuesday. Good Luck!! :biggrin:
Oh wow. I have an exam on Thursday, Friday and Tuesday. Good Luck!! :biggrin:

Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 1217

I like it content wise but I've not revised it in agesssssss. Haha you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I like it content wise but I've not revised it in agesssssss. Haha you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I managed to self teach it. :lol: (My teacher wasn't great).

I haven't revised it in like 2 weeks. Lots to do.. so little time! I will be so glad once everything is over though! :smile:
well after the disaster that was unit 4 i've decided to ace unit 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending