The Student Room Group

OCR Business studies F297 - SHL Pre- Release 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damini_11
Yes I am doing F295

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I too am doing F295
In one point, I spoke about the appendix 2 and how SHL's current target market (30 something year olds) lie in the category of 30-44 years old and we can see that from 2011 to 2016 that the size of the population is predicted to by 1% which in turn may lead to a reduction in revenue due to the decrease in potential consumers, (I know 1% is small), and if revenue begins to slow down, then it would in turn mean that SHL are thus less likely to fulfil its objective of reaching a £70million sales revenue by 2016. Then the however was that 1% is incredibly small so it's unlikely to have a significant affect on the overall revenue of SHL and as its possibly that their target market may go from "30 something" into the next age category of 44-59 soon, SHL can instead begin to target this age group as we can see that their population increases in the same time period, meaning that if SHL were to successfully target this age group, it may in fact lead to an increase in sales and thus revenue, resulting in SHL being closer to fulfilling their objective of a £70 million sales revenue by 2016...
Not the best but yea 😂
(edited 8 years ago)
And for those studying f295 I'll start a thread for us in a second!
Original post by Damini_11
Offshoring is to a different country

Outsourcing is the movement of the internal business process to an external organisations within the Uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey how did the exams go?
Hi guys, for those doing F295 I've just started a thread!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3395709
Anyone doing f294? I'm doing both f294 and f296.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats F295?
Reply 547
Original post by josephrudd97
Whats F295?

people in organisations
Original post by lg01
people in organisations

Thanks, I'm doing F293 marketing, and its dreadful!
Original post by Maths97Student
Anyone doing f294? I'm doing both f294 and f296.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing f294

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did F297 and still have both F293 & F295 to do!
Original post by jakecre8
I did F297 and still have both F293 & F295 to do!

Hey how comes you are doing f297 f293 and f295? I am doing f293
Original post by Mad.About.School

How are you feeling about it? Are you ready?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
Hey how comes you are doing f297 f293 and f295? I am doing f293

Because my teacher thought it would be a good idea incase we do badly in people or marketing etc.
i would have rather just focused on one or the other!
Because my teacher thought it would be a good idea incase we do badly in people or marketing etc.
i would have rather just focused on one or the other!

ahh okay, that seems quite logical actually because it certainly reduces the risk! i only have marketing left but need to make sure i ace the paper even though it is like what 30% of A2? which one are you most dreading haha?
Original post by neal95
ahh okay, that seems quite logical actually because it certainly reduces the risk! i only have marketing left but need to make sure i ace the paper even though it is like what 30% of A2? which one are you most dreading haha?

Personally, I have chosen only to revise for marketing. However, my knowledge on People is not bad. I have both on the same day so within the time gap I will revise for People paper. I'm not really dreading any...although I am dreading the thought of doing better in people than marketing even though I doubt that will happen -.-
Personally, I have chosen only to revise for marketing. However, my knowledge on People is not bad. I have both on the same day so within the time gap I will revise for People paper. I'm not really dreading any...although I am dreading the thought of doing better in people than marketing even though I doubt that will happen -.-

thats good at least you are prepared then. and yeah i get what you mean with business you can sort of wing it if you can write a strategic response and relate it to the case study on the day. plus it seems more maths focused and the case study is much shorter then f292 or f297. it just seems strange to go into the exam without a prior case study though haha
I completely failed, never been so devestated after an exam! Forgot the bloody formula for the CPA so lost 13 marks. Then I spent too long on the next question, so I ran out of time on anything else! Lucky to pull a D out of that.
Original post by Justabi96
I completely failed, never been so devestated after an exam! Forgot the bloody formula for the CPA so lost 13 marks. Then I spent too long on the next question, so I ran out of time on anything else! Lucky to pull a D out of that.

Nothing you can do now and you never know you might have gained loads of marks in the written part! How is your study for f293 coming along?.....I won't start intensive studying until the 15th as I have a law exam before that lo
Original post by neal95
Nothing you can do now and you never know you might have gained loads of marks in the written part! How is your study for f293 coming along?.....I won't start intensive studying until the 15th as I have a law exam before that lo

Let's hope! Yeah I have a law exam and sociology so I'll probably revise last minute like usual xD

Quick Reply

Latest