Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3641
Original post by JuniorDinosaur
Any 6 marker predictions? Im thinking Transformers

A transformers movie joke would be perfect here:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuniorDinosaur
Any 6 marker predictions? Im thinking Transformers

With you on that one. Nice 6 marker too!
Original post by oonic0rn
yes it is!!

Ok basically I did not calculations. But I did some research and this is useful to know.

Earths radius is 3.7 times bigger than the moons.
Earths mass is 81 times bigger than the moons.

This has helped here and then
Original post by CD223
Some have got me feeling like David Moyes' time as Utd manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some of them even get me like Boeteng when Messi is running at him
MORE USEFUL FACTS TO KNOW.

1) We know the Earth goes round the Sun, all the way around is 2 radians (360 degrees). We also know that it takes a year (approx 365 days) which is therefore about 3.2x107 secs. Therefore = 2 / 3.2x107 = 2.0x10-7 rad/s. We have calculated the angular velocity.

2) With a mean orbital velocity of 1.023 km/s, the Moon moves relative to the stars each hour by an amount roughly equal to its angular diameter, or by about 0.5°

3) The ratio of the Sun's radius to the Earth's radius is 1,392,000/12756 = 109.1

4) The mass of the sun is 1.989 x 1030 kilograms, about 333,000 times the mass of the Earth.

Hopefully this may save us some calculation stress

Field Strength = GM/r^2

Earth's Mass = 4/3 Pi r^3 * density of the Earth
Moon's Mass = 4/3 Pi r^3 * 0.6 *density of the Earth

Rearrange to get r
Divide one equation by the other

Hope that helps
Reply 3647
Original post by MsFahima
Will there be an unofficial mark scheme here tomorrow? And what about MC?

I will try to write down as many answers as I can after the exam. The MC will be hard to.

Do you know if you can get a hold of a copy of the MC paper?

Failing that does anyone know if they can? It'll mean we can make a proper mark scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aprocrastinator
Can someone please explain this question - the answer is T/2 but I thought the acceleration was in the same direction at this time?

...... when t is T/2 , the mass is accelerating upwards towards the centre, the mass in the circle will be at the top, acceleration is downwards towards the centre
For SHM 6 marker, what context would be asked??
Could someone help me with this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG just done june 2011 paper!! If only it is as wonderful tomorrow!!! I WISH! That's gota be the easiest paper I've done but I don't want to get my hopes up now!!
Reply 3653
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get rid of the constant (4 pi) in the force formula and it should become clearer that the answer is D :smile:

All terms have to be in the same place as normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by huniibehi
This is the hardest momentum question I've seen, any ideas??

Posted from TSR Mobile

mg = 5N on earth, g = 10 so Mass is 0.5

On the moon, W(orF) = mv/t

mv/t = mg
which gives
v = tg
v = 3 x (10/6) = 5
momentum is mass x velocity so 5 (v) x 5 (m) = 25

Thats what I got
Original post by Sbarron
OMG just done june 2011 paper!! If only it is as wonderful tomorrow!!! I WISH! That's gota be the easiest paper I've done but I don't want to get my hopes up now!!

Same I hit an A* on that paper haha, it was so so nice - but its really tough to say if itll be that easy :frown:
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

obviously D....just use the formula.... force between charges
The electrostatic force of repulsion will be acting in opposite directions to one another. However, this is regarding the electric fields strength. Both charges are positive therefore their electric fields go outwards radially, away from the charge, rather than into the charge creating electric fields.Where the two field lines meet, the the fields line don not intersect and repel each other. The E field strength that the charge possess is constant on all planes. The 4 charge is left because the 6 charge is to the left of it and we require the midpoint
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone got any tips for the multiple choice questions? Mainly the ones that require algebra manipulation? I often get stuck on those and end up doing the "Whatever looks closet to my answer" or "Makes the most sense" approach.
Original post by a.a.k
Emf=Blv
Emf=emf zero*sin( 2*pi*f*t)

These are not in the data sheet.

Anyother plz share

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emf = BANwSin(wt) is the exact same as
Emf = emfzeroSin(2pift)

Because emfzero is the max EMF induced. max emf is when the Sin function = 1 so that would leave Eo=Banw

Original post by CD223
Just wanna say thanks to everyone for making this such a lively and buzzing thread since the beginning. It's definitely helped me prepare and I hope it has for everyone else!

Let's all smash this paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a god. Have put up with me so many times in this thread I can't be more thankful. All the best to you with you offers!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending