The Student Room Group

Aqa religious studies a2 ethics rst3a - free will, virtue ethics, science, et al.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kmohazeb
Eros is sexual love that's not meaningful. It's not deep. It's just inflaution. Ie King david with bath shua.

Family love is just 'storge'

Yeah, I talked about storge aswell
Eros can be meaningful, eg. Song of songs in psalm celebrates it which shows it can strengthen the bonds between the husband and wife in the family

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fieldy_xo
Part b for virtue ethics was okay but I found it hard to say my points properly, felt like I was rambling a lot, part a i had a lot to say but not enough time and wasn't sure how to structure it exactly

I felt like that, but with part a I couldn't remember a lot of points about MacIntyre and that panicked me, so I took too long on it and cut short my other answers.
Original post by jumaeln
Im actually so down atm. Revised my ass of for this exam as I needed a A overall for Religous Studies. Got a high B in AS.

Everything was going well until I got out the hall and realised I did the wrong topic question for one of the questions :frown: . anything I can do ?

Don't worry about it! Everyone at my school found it hard, probably because we havnt been taught it properly no one who took Rs could properly talk about undetermined cause or whatever it was. So just pray (but ironic) that the grade boundaries are low as ****. I woffled so much but I just hope it was relevant!
What did people think about being asked about Foot in the VE question? My teacher told me that a lot of centres she's visited in the past few years don't focus too much on her...
Original post by HuggleyDuck
What did people think about being asked about Foot in the VE question? My teacher told me that a lot of centres she's visited in the past few years don't focus too much on her...

Really pleased that she came up as I had so much to say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lizzie_Rose
Really pleased that she came up as I had so much to say

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I knew more about her than MacIntyre really
Same, I knew more about her than MacIntyre really

I agree couldn't remember much on macintyre tbh.

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Can someone help me I ran out of time so I missed the 20 marker for virtue ethics I was so annoyed because I knew actually what to write. The question is, do you still think I can get a B at least.
Original post by Martisha

Can someone help me I ran out of time so I missed the 20 marker for virtue ethics I was so annoyed because I knew actually what to write. The question is, do you still think I can get a B at least.

You would have to have done very, very well on the other questions.
Did anyone else run out of time? I was only a page into my second part b when it finished...
How many pages did everyone write?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many pages did everyone write?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eight sides I think... some of the people in my class wrote 12 though! How???
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Yeah, I talked about storge aswell
Eros can be meaningful, eg. Song of songs in psalm celebrates it which shows it can strengthen the bonds between the husband and wife in the family

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did you write for that question ? apart from storge and eros
Eight sides I think... some of the people in my class wrote 12 though! How???

I wrote 13... My hand was killing afterwards and still feel as though there was so much I left out. I do have big hand writing thoigh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote 13... My hand was killing afterwards and still feel as though there was so much I left out. I do have big hand writing thoigh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ran out of time, annoyingly. I think I could have gone on for a least one page more.
Original post by Kmohazeb
what did you write for that question ? apart from storge and eros

I gave an ethical example about an individual having an extra marital affair in order to satisfy his urges as his wife cant have intercourse. Justified it using agape and situation ethics as it's the most loving thing to do as it will keep the family together and not harm the children.

Can't remember what else tbh, didn't like the question.
Original post by Martisha

DONT WORRY! i know a girl last year who got an A and she completely missed out on a 15 marker.
Original post by emmawhitz
DONT WORRY! i know a girl last year who got an A and she completely missed out on a 15 marker.

15 marker? are u sure that's not AS
yeah I know , i said last year but what im trying to say is she got an A and completely missed out a 15 marker so I think you're still okay to get a B
Reply 78
Does anyone have any notes for philosophy, life, death and beyond? I have literally nothing :frown:
Hi guys im really depressed and would love if you could give me your opinion to one of my essay answers:frown::u:

I did the libertarianism question where you had to talk about the personality, moral self and casually undetermined choice.

For personality i said its essentially an empirical concept that is moulded by external world factors such as genes and enviroment (and used examples to support this) i said we must behave in accordance to our personality since it is our persoanlity that dictates our behaviour.

For moral self i said it is autonomous so free from cuasalities of world unlike personality. I said since its autonomous it can overcome the personality allowing for casually undetermined choices.

For casually undetermined choice i said it gives absolute freedom and moral responsibility and used rene descartes dualism to explain why as well as used example of leopold and loeb.

Are my points correct? ( i write 3 pages)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending