The Student Room Group

Germany v USA friendly (just starting!)

Anyone else catching this on BT sport/streaming?

The consensus is a silly number of goals to be scored, so should be interesting.
Thank ****, some football.

1-0 already.

Just stuck it on.
Reply 2
Mate women's world cup? c'mon..

Euro's start up again Sunday though, not sure what will be televised.

But yeah pretty decent game so far, Germany dominating as you'd expect but USA had a couple of decent chances, I can see them scoring, going to say 2-1 or 3-1.
Original post by joey11223
Mate women's world cup? c'mon..

Mate already checked, no evening matches today? C'mon...
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
Mate already checked, no evening matches today? C'mon...

Mate I assumed thank **** was referring to not a lot on bar WWC atm cos y'know some people don't consider it proper football, apologies mate.

1-1, I put a bit of money of Germany to win BTTS, actually worry it might be USA which wins lol. But hopefully Germany will take it seriously enough to up the gears and win.
Mate I assumed thank **** was referring to not a lot on bar WWC atm cos y'know some people don't consider it proper football, apologies mate.

1-1, I put a bit of money of Germany to win BTTS, actually worry it might be USA which wins lol. But hopefully Germany will take it seriously enough to up the gears and win.

I'd stuck Flashscores on to see if there was any football on and saw that the Brazil women's team won 2-0, kick off was midnight but no matches this evening. Was looking forward to sticking one on.

Thus "thank ****, some football".

2nd half just kicked off anyway.

Hope Germany smash them.
Reply 6
I wonder if we'll ever see the USA being a fairly dominant force in football/soccer, not saying win a WC any time soon but you know regular quarter finals/semi's. They always have so much passion and take every game seriously (unlike...some other teams) and tbf they punch above their weight rather well. It's a growing sport over there and the USA has A LOT of money to invest in sport, if soccer eventually becomes big enough in a few decades for the real money to get interested along with their high population so quite a large potential selection pool and youngsters you could scout for, I feel they could become pretty big.
Reply 7
Aww **** USA win it! Tbh not surprising very good second half.

Should have left it for in-play.
Reply 8
I wonder if we'll ever see the USA being a fairly dominant force in football/soccer, not saying win a WC any time soon but you know regular quarter finals/semi's. They always have so much passion and take every game seriously (unlike...some other teams) and tbf they punch above their weight rather well. It's a growing sport over there and the USA has A LOT of money to invest in sport, if soccer eventually becomes big enough in a few decades for the real money to get interested along with their high population so quite a large potential selection pool and youngsters you could scout for, I feel they could become pretty big.

US could become dominant if they invest heavily in the sport, but the difficulty is encouraging the kids to pursue it from a very young age as basketball, american football and other sports are the most popular ones with scholarships being offered. US have the best athletes in the world but in terms of technical ability, a structure will have to be in place to identify the young talent and harness their potential which is a problem due to what I said before, the kids will have to be interested in the sport, there is not a culture for them as their is in nations in South America and Europe.

Wish England had a coach like Klinsman, he would easily identify what is going wrong in our system and why there is a lack of quality players coming through and make changes accordingly. Well it's obvious that it's **** coaching at grassroot levels but the FA will just keep blaming the Premier League.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest