The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 ENGLISH LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE COMBINED (11th of June) EXAM PREDICTIONS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cat2424
Any of you got any tips for the unseen section??

Theres definitely going to be a poem! Well i think so because our teacher went through past papers with us i cant remember what year from but there was a poem in every year either Text A or B or C

So revising poem features would be good, to be on the safe side! :smile:
Original post by FatmaN'S
Theres definitely going to be a poem! Well i think so because our teacher went through past papers with us i cant remember what year from but there was a poem in every year either Text A or B or C

So revising poem features would be good, to be on the safe side! :smile:

Yeah that's true , How's revision going ?
Reply 22
Thanks a lot! Good luck!
Reply 23
My teacher worked it out that there's always going to be a poem, a non fictional text such as a extract from a novel for example and then a leaflet or poster etc
Original post by cat2424
My teacher worked it out that there's always going to be a poem, a non fictional text such as a extract from a novel for example and then a leaflet or poster etc

Possibly a website could be there , just to try and make it contemporary
Reply 25
Yeah, anything like that
Original post by onyeeez
Yeah that's true , How's revision going ?

eurgh 50/50 well im focusing on theme of love/marriage, death, social class, revenge they kinda all link in in some way Im just trying to remember book pages -.-

and not forgetting CONTEXT our teacher really emphasised on this
BTW, what is your essay structure?

How would you start off, like paragraph where to include context, partner text etc?
Reply 28
Anyone got an good tips for section A, in order to achieve a band 4
Reply 29
I'm one of those strange people that doesn't do a plan before I write, I just do it. I usually start with the most important character that's relevant to the theme and take it from there
Original post by cat2424
I'm one of those strange people that doesn't do a plan before I write, I just do it. I usually start with the most important character that's relevant to the theme and take it from there

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FatmaN'S
eurgh 50/50 well im focusing on theme of love/marriage, death, social class, revenge they kinda all link in in some way Im just trying to remember book pages -.-

and not forgetting CONTEXT our teacher really emphasised on this

I've memoriesed some of the book pages but something tells me that I'm gonna miss quite a bit of marks when it comes to analysing the terminology :/
Reply 32
Haha join the club. I know a few quotes so I'm praying that will get me by
Original post by cat2424
Haha join the club. I know a few quotes so I'm praying that will get me by

Are you doing Wuthering Heights ? If so, what other text are you doing it with
Reply 34
Yes I am and woman in black is my other novel and I'm using king Lear as my wider reading thing, yourself?
Original post by cat2424
Yes I am and woman in black is my other novel and I'm using king Lear as my wider reading thing, yourself?

Cool ,I'm doing A Walk To Remember and Porphyria's lover

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!! Hope you guys do well. Having an early night because I'm gonna wake up early tomorrow and do a little revision.

After tomorrow's exam I'm gonna message you guys to see how it went :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by onyeeez
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!! Hope you guys do well. Having an early night because I'm gonna wake up early tomorrow and do a little revision.

After tomorrow's exam I'm gonna message you guys to see how it went :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!:smile: GOOD LUCK to you too!
Reply 38
Good luck guys!! Will look forward to the after exam rant 😂
Good Luck Everyone! :yy: :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending