The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Postgraduate Offer Holders 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
MSc Economic History - Unconditional. Excited would be an understatement.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Got an offer for Msc EU politics, no idea which hall to apply for yet though
Reply 82
Original post by v.a.adams94
Hey I'm going to be doing Economic History MSc! Also Im looking to pair up with 2 or 3 others to rent an apartment close by as halls didn't appeal to me - message me if anyone is interested!

Hello fellow Economic Historian (in the making, of course).
hi,

is anyone still waiting to hear back? ive sent my application about 2 months ago but nothing yet. Ive applied for the msc in eu politics. i hold a ba in eu politics(lower 2.1) an msc in political research (upper 2.1) and an mba from insead 2.1 again. im working for 4 years now as an associate for a hedge fund company.
i dont have first class degrees, so im not sure if my profile is strong enough to get an offer?
Hi All,

I am also still waiting to hear back. I applied about a month ago for the MSc in Environment and Development. I am getting antsy even though I know the average 8 weeks have not passes yet. This is because the program is now listed as closed, and has been for three weeks or so. This leads me to be hopeful that I might be accepted, but I not sure if I really have a sound basis for that thought.

I am American, with a exceptional GPA for an average university (University of Rhode Island) in Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Management. I have worked for an International Energy Conservation Non-profit for the almost a year now ,and before that spent four months working for a rural development non-profit in Cameroon Africa. In addition, I had relevant internships throughout my schooling. what do you think my chances are??

Thank you , and congrats to everyone that has been accepted so far!
call them and ask if your file is being review and if its in the queue. i think closed means they dont have any more seats to offer, but i might be wrong
Original post by fairytalegonebad
call them and ask if your file is being review and if its in the queue. i think closed means they dont have any more seats to offer, but i might be wrong

I actually emailed them before posting this on this thread. I was just told it was being considered in the "normal" way because it was submitted before it closed, it is now closed to new applicants. I was then told that my decision is on its way back to the admissions office and I should have a result in the next few days.

Thank you for your response and wish me luck!
Original post by pamelarice25
I actually emailed them before posting this on this thread. I was just told it was being considered in the "normal" way because it was submitted before it closed, it is now closed to new applicants. I was then told that my decision is on its way back to the admissions office and I should have a result in the next few days.

hehe, best of luck! i hope you get in. let us know.
Reply 88

I must say that was a very friendly response that they gave you. When I was waiting I was told that it would usually take around eight weeks for my decision (which, incidentally it did).
Original post by WokSz
I must say that was a very friendly response that they gave you. When I was waiting I was told that it would usually take around eight weeks for my decision (which, incidentally it did).

I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad one? Maybe they were kind to soften the blow...haha. Either way the wait will soon be over.Which is the worst part, just not knowing.
Reply 90
I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad one? Maybe they were kind to soften the blow...haha. Either way the wait will soon be over.Which is the worst part, just not knowing.

Oh, no I'm sure it means nothing :smile:. The nice weather has a positive impact on most people! :smile:

I called just before the Easter Break so they were probably desperate to go home (understandable as they must get hundreds of requests like this).
What is the deal with swapping offers for accommodation? read somewhere that if two people willing and both halls agree, it is possible to arrange before term actually starts? is this possible?

If so, looking to swap my room, I am going into first year and have been put into Myddelton wing of Roseberry Hall on a 38 week contract - ideally looking for a 30 week contract as live in London so don't want to be paying for the holidays!
Has anyone heard anything about non GSS scholarships/awards? I know they only contact successful applicants so I thought maybe some of the decisions are out already. Or is it too early?
hehe, best of luck! i hope you get in. let us know.

Received an unconditional offer this morning for Msc Environment and Development!! Can't express how excited and relieved I am. Thank you for all the support and best of luck to all who are still waiting!
Received an unconditional offer this morning for Msc Environment and Development!! Can't express how excited and relieved I am. Thank you for all the support and best of luck to all who are still waiting!

congrats!
i guess its an offer day :wink: got mine too
congrats!
i guess its an offer day :wink: got mine too

Congratulations!
Reply 96
Hey guys! Congrats on all your offers :smile: and good luck to others who are still waiting. Has anyone gotten an offer for MSc Political Economy of Late Development or MSc Social Policy and Development? I'm a prospective applicant for the 2016 cycle and I wanted to chat. :smile: Thank you!
Anyone interested in a flat share let me know, not really feeling the student accommodation. Also if anyone has any advice in regards to looking for roommates or flats I am open ears!
(edited 8 years ago)
does any of you know what times the classes are? in my email it says i should attend 30hours of study per week. which seems too much. unless they mean the time i need to dedicate to reading etc?
Reply 99
Anyone interested in a flat share let me know, not really feeling the student accommodation. Also if anyone has any advice in regards to look for roommates or flats I am open ears!

I'm with you on this. My friends who went to the LSE for postgrad hated the accommodation with a passion. They're in pretty bad parts of the city and are in really poor condition. To be honest, I'd rather stay in a flat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending