The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by djhodnett
come on then guys lets roll on the predictions for the essay. i feel proteins, anyone else?

No, I reckon they'll make us write a 25 marker on the relation between synaptic transmission and why breeders want cats that have 46 toes.
Original post by jack1209
No, I reckon they'll make us write a 25 marker on the relation between synaptic transmission and why breeders want cats that have 46 toes.

wtf would you want a cat with extra toes though, seriously
wtf would you want a cat with extra toes though, seriously

Exactly, the paper was ****ing stupid or maybe I am, who knows.
Exactly, the paper was ****ing stupid or maybe I am, who knows.

what grade do you think you got in it?
what grade do you think you got in it?

Oh, probably a solid big fat U. I messed up the Heidy-Weinberg somehow, which I never do. I also messed up the productivity and percentage change questions. It's all just a massive set of banter
Oh, probably a solid big fat U. I messed up the Heidy-Weinberg somehow, which I never do. I also messed up the productivity and percentage change questions. It's all just a massive set of banter

mate that is only about 8 marks im sure you are fine
can someone explain to me restriction mapping because my teacher doesnt know how to teach it D:
Reply 467
Original post by lyricallies
can someone explain to me restriction mapping because my teacher doesnt know how to teach it D:

Yeah someone please do. I can't quite get my head round it.
So it's first Restriction mapping then DNA sequencing then DNA probing. Why is it in that order? and what's their purpose?
Please quote me and Lyricallies if you can help out:h:
Thanks in advance.
Reply 468
Original post by Ozy96
So it's first Restriction mapping then DNA sequencing then DNA probing. Why is it in that order? and what's their purpose?
Thanks in advance.

Me 3!! Our teacher just told us to do restriction mapping ourselves cause she didn't know how to explain it but I don't understand the textbook at all -_-
Original post by lyricallies

Original post by Ozy96
Thanks in advance.

Original post by Cpie21
Me 3!! Our teacher just told us to do restriction mapping ourselves cause she didn't know how to explain it but I don't understand the textbook at all -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR_heZ4n4Gc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeTWD8ECeiQ

:smile:
come on then guys lets roll on the predictions for the essay. i feel proteins, anyone else?

After chem 4 yesterday and considering how horribly difficult it was the essay could be 25 marks on the relationships of organism on other planets..
Reply 471
Come on people lets share out of spec info for the essay.
Heres a few that I can remember off the top of my head:

Enzyme involved in the LIR of photosynthesis = Rubisco
Enzyme involved in nitrogen fixing bacteria = Nitrogenase
Harmful tumours are known as Malignant and Metastases is the development of another Malignant tumour at a different site than where the Malignant tumour first developed.
Harmless Tumours are known as Benign and they do not spread to other parts of the body.
Original post by Ozy96
Come on people lets share out of spec info for the essay.
Heres a few that I can remember off the top of my head:

Enzyme involved in the LIR of photosynthesis = Rubisco
Enzyme involved in nitrogen fixing bacteria = Nitrogenase
Harmful tumours are known as Malignant and Metastases is the development of another Malignant tumour at a different site than where the Malignant tumour first developed.
Harmless Tumours are known as Benign and they do not spread to other parts of the body.

Isnt Rubisco on the spec ?! I always thought it was. :O
Reply 473
Original post by MrPolish
Isnt Rubisco on the spec ?! I always thought it was. :O

Whoops yeah you're right ._.
Original post by Vengefulcandy
After chem 4 yesterday and considering how horribly difficult it was the essay could be 25 marks on the relationships of organism on other planets..

yeah but then the bio unit 4 paper wasn't too bad so..
Anyone struggling with the ridiculous amount of information we need to learn?
I tried condensing my unit 5 notes down, still have 8 full pages.
Oh plus pretty much the whole of unit 4 to remember for the essay, as well as AS notes; and off spec notes!
in bio or chem if you put more than one answer, with one being correct and one maybe not so much, can they give you a mark for it, if it doesn't specifically ask for one answer only? Thanks
how long do you think the essay should be?
Original post by rashed_k
how long do you think the essay should be?

3-5 sides I hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thegiggler
in bio or chem if you put more than one answer, with one being correct and one maybe not so much, can they give you a mark for it, if it doesn't specifically ask for one answer only? Thanks

it depends, as long as you don't contradict yourself, you should be fine, but im not sure so ask your teacher just to be sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending