The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

the exam is AM right?
Original post by bbyturtlexox
the exam is AM right?

No evening :biggrin:

Just kidding its morning :tongue:
Original post by ratoza
so how was it everyone?!!!

how was IAL? easy?
IAL Unit 4 was the easiest Unit 4 I have ever done. Which is sad because the grade boundaries will be ridiculously high, and I made stupid mistakes.

Honestly though. Such an easy paper!
Original post by thymolphthalein
IAL Unit 4 was the easiest Unit 4 I have ever done. Which is sad because the grade boundaries will be ridiculously high, and I made stupid mistakes.

oh god. I hope GCE wont be hard :frown:

What came up?
Reply 365
it was super easy!!
Reply 366

elastic or inelastic
Original post by Freddy-Francis
oh god. I hope GCE wont be hard :frown:

What came up?

Pretty much all the topics came up, but they asked the easiest questions from everything. :I

Original post by ratoza
elastic or inelastic

Inelastic. Confirmed this with like 10 of my friends haha.
Reply 368
Pretty much all the topics came up, but they asked the easiest questions from everything. :I

Inelastic. Confirmed this with like 10 of my friends haha.

same here... i m just so confused cause it was so easy!! and now i feel like i did evrything wrong causeits WAS easy!:s-smilie:
Reply 369
Original post by physicsmaths
EV/c^2 is just rest mass, eV would then be the energy of that prticke abd not sure about /c one

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if rest mass is 10ev/c2, it's energy is 10 ev?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
Original post by cerlohee
So if rest mass is 10ev/c2, it's energy is 10 ev?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. You are right. The units in particle physics are such that a rest mass of 10 eV/c^2 means that the particle has an energy of 10 eV and also a momentum of 10 eV/c. The values are all interchangeable. The June 2012 paper had a good question on this.
Original post by ratoza
same here... i m just so confused cause it was so easy!! and now i feel like i did evrything wrong causeits WAS easy!:s-smilie:

Same. I feel like I probably did most things right but careless/stupid mistakes are going to cost me the A because I'm 100% sure this paper wouldn't have a grade boundary that gives enough leeway for such errors.

Ah, well. At least I won't get a D or something haha. :biggrin:

Focusing on the Unit 5 now, it's easy to score in if you know the correct phrases/terminologies because they're quite strict about that in marking. But the calculations are pretty easy for Unit 5. Worried that they'll make it horribly difficult though, since Unit 4 was so easy. :K:
Reply 372

and do u remember what was the 11 th question?
Original post by ratoza
and do u remember what was the 11 th question?

I don't remember what the 11th question was. :tongue:

And if you need me to quote a value for anything, I can't do that either but I can estimate if it was more or less close to whatever I got. :smile:
Reply 374
Same. I feel like I probably did most things right but careless/stupid mistakes are going to cost me the A because I'm 100% sure this paper wouldn't have a grade boundary that gives enough leeway for such errors.

Ah, well. At least I won't get a D or something haha. :biggrin:

Focusing on the Unit 5 now, it's easy to score in if you know the correct phrases/terminologies because they're quite strict about that in marking. But the calculations are pretty easy for Unit 5. Worried that they'll make it horribly difficult though, since Unit 4 was so easy. :K:

let see... now i m scared about unit 5!! good luck
:smile:
Reply 375
I don't remember what the 11th question was. :tongue:

And if you need me to quote a value for anything, I can't do that either but I can estimate if it was more or less close to whatever I got. :smile:

lol thank u!!! but its useless asking about dat anyway!!! but unit 6 and 4 both were pretty easy!!
Original post by ratoza
lol thank u!!! but its useless asking about dat anyway!!! but unit 6 and 4 both were pretty easy!!

I think I remember though now?

It was the first question after MCQs?
Reply 377
I think I remember though now?

It was the first question after MCQs?

yeas???
Original post by ratoza
yeas???

Ah, yeah I just wrote down the values for F and r at A and B. Then I wrote down the equation and showed the relationship between the two.

Then for the second part I used the equation and the radius they gave as the maximum separation. You have to multiply the charge into number of protons for each, to get the correct answer.
Ah, yeah I just wrote down the values for F and r at A and B. Then I wrote down the equation and showed the relationship between the two.

Then for the second part I used the equation and the radius they gave as the maximum separation. You have to multiply the charge into number of protons for each, to get the correct answer.

how much will you expect to get an A for this paper? Some where around 65-70?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending