The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol. i thought the first questions were menna be the nice ones. this paper obv was printed opposite
If I saw the statement in q1 I would say it was correct wtf
Original post by imusti96
What was the answer to the very first question?!??!?

The reaction is the moon being gravitationally attracted to the equipment and contact force on the moon from the equipment.

The reaction force according to Newton's third law means that the same type and acting on different objects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like the only one who enjoyed that paper? Like there were a few which took a bit of thinking, and I'd say it harder than average but not a /hard/ part imo
For question two about the space craft, did anyone get a really small acceleration? And for the law used, it was the second wasn't it?
Ah crap I used the wrong keplars law, I thought it was too obvious to be t^2 is inversely proportional to r^3 given the marks the question was worth :frown:
Original post by _lexnne
I feel like the only one who enjoyed that paper? Like there were a few which took a bit of thinking, and I'd say it harder than average but not a /hard/ part imo

It's all lies!
At first I thought: "holy shiiiet... I've just been physically violated by OCR"

Then, after skipping the 1st question, things went ok. The last 3 questions were nice.

I managed to prove s is proportional to u^2 but flunked the whole W vs N section the start.
Original post by Jim997
For question two about the space craft, did anyone get a really small acceleration? And for the law used, it was the second wasn't it?

i did mass of 1 xenon atom x number of xenon atoms x velocity of atom (impulse)/mass of space craft..and i think i got a really small value - is that what you did?

edit: for the law used, i put the law of conservation of momentum
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Room Student
At first I thought: "holy shiiiet... I've just been physically violated by OCR"

Then, after skipping the 1st question, things went ok. The last 3 questions were nice.

I managed to prove s is proportional to u^2 but flunked the whole W vs N section the start.

How did you prove the u^2??
Maybe and around 0.2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jim997

Yeah I got the force as 0.066N I think and then thw acceleration was that divided by something lol. And I put second law
Original post by Jim997

My a was really small too!! I was worried it was wrong:s-smilie:
I wrote second law as well

So hopefully it's right... :colondollar:
Is there an unofficial markscheme going on anywhere?
Question 1 didnt manage part b and c, will have 1 or 2 method marks for c as i almost got it but didnt realise, rest of the paper was fine but the values calculated were dodgy,
Original post by Jim997

I basically tried to do suvat to work out the time taken to reach the ground again. Basically like a projectile and then U got U^2 x constant = d idk if this is right though
Original post by Jim997

Have you done M2 in maths? I used projectile motion:

Firstly resolved vertically with s = u(sinx)t + 0.5a(t)^2 and solved for t

Then resolved horizontally and subbed that into s = u(cosx)t which gave s = (u)^2(sin2x) / g
Original post by coder4
Question 1 didnt manage part b and c, will have 1 or 2 method marks for c as i almost got it but didnt realise, rest of the paper was fine but the values calculated were dodgy,

i thought lots of the values calculated were really small... that really freaked me out
Original post by rabirabbit
My a was really small too!! I was worried it was wrong:s-smilie:
I wrote second law as well

So hopefully it's right... :colondollar:

I thought second law at first but you actually work out the force that the xenon's have and through newtons third law, the space ship must experience the same force in the opposite direction, now you do use newtons 2nd law to work it out tho :/
Did anyone get like 0.0028 seconds for the time for that titanium thing. And did anyone get 9.5Ns for the area of the Ft graph

Latest

Trending

Trending