The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oreocookie98
Can someone plz write post an unofficial mark scheme

seconded^^ need to work out how insanely good I have to do in Unit 5, to counteract that travesty
answer to the roundabout question? what was the time?
Original post by bbyturtlexox
I used 3.3

Same here
Original post by Nick.p97
On the gce paper were we supposed to use 3.3 or 6.6 for the charge on the capacitor??

I used 6.6

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did you guys get for the emf question with the charge being 3.3 uC
Original post by bobo19966
Yes good calculation and explanation but not on last question about bubble chamber cos I forgot everything about it ugh

Original post by Geronimo!
Crazy good paper couldnt have asked for a better one tbh watch me make so many silly mistakes hahah

Aww :frown:

Yeah silly mistakes are bound to happen. Found that there were a lot of big questions actually like everyone was worth like 3 or 5 :3
Original post by CriErrytim
getting a solid E then -_-

random question but is ur name joe by any chance ..?
On the gce paper were we supposed to use 3.3 or 6.6 for the charge on the capacitor??

3.3 because charge accumulates from one plate to the other?
answer to the roundabout question? what was the time?

Can't remember exactly but I got something like 0.98 seconds I think
For the roundabout question part 2 when it said about the mass increasing I said the time doesn't change?????
Original post by iceangel8
For the roundabout question part 2 when it said about the mass increasing I said the time doesn't change?????

Yh same. Omega independant of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't remember exactly but I got something like 0.98 seconds I think

crikey
3.3 because charge accumulates from one plate to the other?

i put 3.3 but i wasnt sure because Q=CV and Q is the total charge between plates.. but you just made me realise charge on one side induces the same charge on the other side positive, so the charge is just 3.3
crikey

thats what i first got, that isnt right because each discharge is 4.4 seconds and it discharges around 0.34 of the charge.. it said 80% of charge is discharged, so 0.2 charge is left, i got something like 7s in the end
Original post by physicsmaths
Yh same. Omega independant of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thank God! Stupid trick question 'how does the time CHANGE'!!!!
Original post by The Best1
thats what i first got, that isnt right because each discharge is 4.4 seconds and it discharges around 0.34 of the charge.. it said 80% of charge is discharged, so 0.2 charge is left, i got something like 7s in the end

I got 7.08s???
really wasn't sure whether to use 6.6 or 3.3 cause I had reasons to pick either. but went with my instincts and used 3.3 I hope that's correct
random question but is ur name joe by any chance ..?

negative, like my mood right now
I got 7.08s???

yeah i just remember putting 7s, dont remember what decimal points, 7.08 sounds like what i put!

I'm talking about the roundabout question at the start! but I got 7s for that one too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending