The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Environmental Studies/Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm only just now starting revision, I am fooooked! haha

I'm hoping something on recycling comes up with the essays tbh I like all that xD

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :biggrin:
Starting revision as of 19:27 when the exam is in 13 hours! *cries*. Also what the hell is the hydrogen economy I never got that! This is going to be fun......
Reply 42
Original post by scottwhite
Starting revision as of 19:27 when the exam is in 13 hours! *cries*. Also what the hell is the hydrogen economy I never got that! This is going to be fun......

oh gosh! Good luck! xD You should probably get on that, it's an energy source which is getting some serious work done towards it!
Ah yeah clear on that now.. I'm actually quite confident on the exam? It's just the fact the subject is so broad and that anything could come up :frown:
Reply 44
Ah yeah clear on that now.. I'm actually quite confident on the exam? It's just the fact the subject is so broad and that anything could come up :frown:

to be fair, I'm quite confident because most of the answers tend to be just common sense but sometimes the questions are worded in such a way that just makes it seem so complicated! :'(
I guess just taking your time and RTFQ will help haha we've got an hour and a half so I don't think we'll struggle with time.
Reply 45
I'm thinking of doing the essay first to get it out the way, is anyone else? But if i dont finish the essay within 20 mins im going to stop and do the rest and go back to the essay if i have time i think.
Reply 46
Original post by AmyT997
I'm thinking of doing the essay first to get it out the way, is anyone else? But if i dont finish the essay within 20 mins im going to stop and do the rest and go back to the essay if i have time i think.

I think just make a quick plan first then do the rest of the paper, because you might get some ideas while you're actually answering questions so if you start the essay it'll be difficult to go back and fit other bits in. Plus, you might lose your drift if you leave the essay halfway through or something. Doing that helped me get A's in my AS biology papers haha
Original post by MrsStark
the questions are worded in such a way that just makes it seem so complicated! :'(

Agree so much! The questions I think are so vague. Then when we go over the mark scheme in class it's so obvious :/
Reply 48
Good idea, think I'll do that then, do you do aqa bio? For the bio mock i did half the paper and whenever i lost concentration i did a bit of the essay and if i lost concentration of that or got stuck i went back to the paper, seemed to work as i got an A* :smile: just such a long paper so i need a way of getting around my short attention span
How did people find it?
Reply 50
Original post by KittenMittens
How did people find it?

I think it went ok, what about you?.. seemed to focus a lot of noise and not much of anything else though which i was annoyed about as noise was my weakest. What did people get for the number of flights? and which essay did you do?
Reply 51
Original post by AmyT997
I think it went ok, what about you?.. seemed to focus a lot of noise and not much of anything else though which i was annoyed about as noise was my weakest. What did people get for the number of flights? and which essay did you do?

Found the paper quite alright but just some of the questions were strange. For the plane on I did the 9000( cant remember exact number ) divided by 4 for the boeing 747 and halfed it for the 757. Did essay A and mainly spoke about improvement to renewables like heliostats, parabolic reflectors and how they can power electrolysis to store if for fuel but like currently renewable could not replace fossil fuels and there needs to be a mix. What did you put for the one about why they would buy more thicker insulation and also the one about exposure and contamination??

Good luck for ENVS4 !!
Reply 52
Original post by joeheat
Found the paper quite alright but just some of the questions were strange. For the plane on I did the 9000( cant remember exact number ) divided by 4 for the boeing 747 and halfed it for the 757. Did essay A and mainly spoke about improvement to renewables like heliostats, parabolic reflectors and how they can power electrolysis to store if for fuel but like currently renewable could not replace fossil fuels and there needs to be a mix. What did you put for the one about why they would buy more thicker insulation and also the one about exposure and contamination??

Good luck for ENVS4 !!

I did essay A too, wrote about pretty much the same stuff. I think for the plane one i got 5800 for the second and 2975 or something for the first? I thought that the second was quiet enough to have the maximum amount of flights but im not sure. Wasn't sure about that insulation one so i just put that it reduces need for other energy conservation methods and that it reduces cost of replacing lost heat. What about you? For exposure and contamination i struggled with wording but put that contamination is when you come into contact with the source and exposure is when you're affected from a distance?
Best exam I've ever taken. What were people's advantages for the bio-battery question? I put that it doesn't contain lead so it will be easier to dispose. Also less mining needed for cadmium etc as it's just glucose. Can't remember the other advantage. I predicted noise would come up tbh as it's not come up for a while!
What did you put for the insulation one with the graph? I put the point was where the cost of replacing energy lost and the cost of materials crossed over?
Reply 55
Best exam I've ever taken. What were people's advantages for the bio-battery question? I put that it doesn't contain lead so it will be easier to dispose. Also less mining needed for cadmium etc as it's just glucose. Can't remember the other advantage. I predicted noise would come up tbh as it's not come up for a while!

I said glucose can come from waste food and crops, doesn't require extraction and i can't remember the third. What did you get for the water turbine questions? i think mine were 1 for the minimum flow rate, 5 and then 225? and what did you get for the flight calculations?
Reply 56
What did you put for the insulation one with the graph? I put the point was where the cost of replacing energy lost and the cost of materials crossed over?

same, 22 i got, did you get that?
Reply 57
Original post by AmyT997
I did essay A too, wrote about pretty much the same stuff. I think for the plane one i got 5800 for the second and 2975 or something for the first? I thought that the second was quiet enough to have the maximum amount of flights but im not sure. Wasn't sure about that insulation one so i just put that it reduces need for other energy conservation methods and that it reduces cost of replacing lost heat. What about you? For exposure and contamination i struggled with wording but put that contamination is when you come into contact with the source and exposure is when you're affected from a distance?

Yeah got the same number for the aircraft bit. I put the exposure it like when its in the air such as alpha radiation but contamination is when it for humans enters the body or damages cells?
Original post by AmyT997
same, 22 i got, did you get that?

I did! :biggrin:
Original post by joeheat
Yeah got the same number for the aircraft bit. I put the exposure it like when its in the air such as alpha radiation but contamination is when it for humans enters the body or damages cells?

I put

Exposure - when you are within range of the radiation and are exposed to its effects
Contamination - when you come into contact with the source and it may exert its effect even when you have left the original source. I.e. You take a bit with you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending