The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jim997
Exactly what I got for all of them. However, for some, like the star mass I round to give 2.0x10^30. Is that acceptable or will I loose marks?

That's completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just gotta hope the grade boundaries are like 20 for an A :colondollar:
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Anyone think the exam got easier as it went on?

I thought it started out really easy! :O It only started going downhill on Q1 i)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a123a
I got all of these except the last one? I added the volumes and uses the previous pressure and volume of the He cylinder and did P1V1=P2V2. Is that method correct?

I don't think so cos the number of moles has increased. That assumes they are constant I think
Reply 1384
Well, I finished in about 20 mins.........

Because I couldn't do half of the questions.

F**k you OCR. Better be like 30/60 for an A
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I didn't think mass would decrease because it was solar powered, so thought energy from sun converted into mass equivalent.

I've dropped 10 without even counting the mistakes :lol:

it was silly to count boxes typical of ocr tbh at least let us intergrate or something to find impulse.
agree
Original post by Elcor
Some answers I got:

Ion mass = 2.18x10 ^-25
Initial acc = 1.27x10^-5
Satellite velocity =0.061
Star mass = 1.97x10^30
Time was something in millisecond
Pressure = 1.5x10^7
Original post by a123a
I got all of these except the last one? I added the volumes and uses the previous pressure and volume of the He cylinder and did P1V1=P2V2. Is that method correct?

Wrote it wrong, edited now

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people put for the describe the acceleration from the force/time graph? Got so confused :s-smilie:
Original post by examinationtsr
and heat lost to surrounding air.

Some photons may have been reflected

rate of photons emitted is another factor that may have not been what it was.
For the one about show s=u2
i ended up with something like s= -2u^2sin(theta)cos(theta)/t ??
Original post by Elcor
That's completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank Christ haha. And instead of 1.27 I put 1.3 still fine? If not I think the procedure is to loose 1 mark and not be penalised again isn't it?
I put that heat is lost to surroubdings and that the energy conversion isn't fully efficient. Some goes to light and sound :s
Original post by olil1996
I used both and ended up with about 1.5x10^7 Pa which I think is correct. The two containers are connected by a valve which is opened, connecting the containers and increasing the overall volume.

why did you add the two volumes together
it was metal so how could volume increase? just wondering
Original post by MrChemKid
Planets mass- something x 10^30?

Around that
Does anyone know how many marks the first two questions were worth?
How did everyone find the first question? I thought it was pretty horrible. Paper seemed to get easier as it went on though.

For the last gas question, did anyone else have the total moles of air to be 81 and added the volume of the 2 containers together?
I didnt add the volumes poor me XD should have saw the trick in that question but nevertheless i managed everything else.
For the oscillating object that has its frequency slowly increased, does the amplitude remain the same and the only change as f increases it that the graph gets squashed together?
Original post by Red Fox
How did the acceleration change if the engine was left running?

For the spaceship? I put that as the Xenon ions were fired out the total mass would decrease and acceleration is proportional to one over mass so the acceleration would decrease as the mass decreases.

Latest

Trending

Trending