The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SH0405
Although the first couple of questions were a bit iffy, the paper overall wasn't too bad; almost, dare I say it, easy. I would say the boundaries will be as follows;

100% UMS: 52
90% UMS: 45
A: 40
B: 36
C: 32
D: 29
E: 24

That seems fair, but shouldn't 100%ums be 50 according to those A and A* grade boundaries?
Original post by a123a
Last year was 39 for A 43 for A* and I'm guessing 47 for 90ums? So if you say this paper was harder than last years I expect the grade boundaries to be similar. So hopefully we both have full ums.

I think the boundaries will be higher than last year but still below average.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olil1996
Yeah, I think that would probably get a mark, what did you get as your final answer?

That's good. I can't remember exactly but I know it wasn't 1.5x10^7.
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Anyone think the exam got easier as it went on?

definitely ! Q1 & 2 were odd. rest was ok.
felt like the resonance question was disguised well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1484
What the actual **** was that? I checked the front page of my paper 3 times during the exam to make sure I was doing the right paper fml
That first question really threw me off, no idea how I did because of that. Gotta make up for it in G485 now!
Original post by rachelc142
definitely ! Q1 & 2 were odd. rest was ok.
felt like the resonance question was disguised well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
I think the boundaries will be higher than last year but still below average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree with that.
Original post by a123a
That seems fair, but shouldn't 100%ums be 50 according to those A and A* grade boundaries?

Technically, yes. I'm sorry.
Original post by Elcor
For the second the period is constant but the amplitude decreases over time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crap, I didn't put the amplitude decreasing over time but I just drew a second sinusoidal graph with a lower amplitude/max velocity (forgot what was on the y axis), would that get me one mark?
Does anyone actually have an answer for the first question? I was sitting there like I swearrr that students right and I can definately not think of TWO reasons otherwise. Made some stuff up about forces acting from the same point in the end
Original post by kateyl
Crap, I didn't put the amplitude decreasing over time but I just drew a second sinusoidal graph with a lower amplitude/max velocity (forgot what was on the y axis), would that get me one mark?

Probably 1/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1492
anyone say energy lost was due to light because it was a laser, so took more time
for the inital acceleration i can remeber what i got but i did mass times by velocity then divided by 1/rate or what ever it said. then used f=ma to calculate acceleration
Original post by kateyl

That's what I did, thought because it was a constant force, amplitude would be lower, but not decreasing...
Original post by JoeMartin
Does anyone actually have an answer for the first question? I was sitting there like I swearrr that students right and I can definately not think of TWO reasons otherwise. Made some stuff up about forces acting from the same point in the end

idk I put that N and W are not the same type of force. They needed to be the same type to obey newton's third law.
I said photo electric effect...

G482 knowledge right there
Original post by JoeMartin

The equal and opposite reaction force must be the same type of force (i.e. not one a normal reaction and one a weight) and also must be acting on a different body
Original post by Tazmain
That's what I did, thought because it was a constant force, amplitude would be lower, but not decreasing...

If there's a constant resistive force then there's a constant deceleration.

If there's a constant deceleration then, well I'm pretty sure, the amplitude decays exponentially with time.
Reply 1499
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I said photo electric effect...

G482 knowledge right there

was thinking that but if you're giving electrons energy then thats surely heating as well

Latest

Trending

Trending