The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsAddict
Time wasnt an issue for me i worked backwards as question 1 put me off. However q1 i think for the second part i may get 2/3 marks because i proved usinpheta is vertical component
then t=2xusinpheta/g then i used v=u+at some bs question XD

Yeah, i had no idea for the first 2 parts but i did solve the vertical components to get t=2usin(theta)/g.

Not a fan of OCR at the minute though, all the exams i've sat with them this year have been kinda like this one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlexParmenter
I read the last question so many times trying to figure out if the two tanks remain connected then I assumed it must just be flowing into the scuba tank because that's the purpose of mixing the gases to fill the scuba tank, so I used the original volume.

I also had a mind blank and couldn't think how to work out the number of moles of the helium so I worked out the number of molecules in each gas and added them together :colonhash:

for the number of moles in total, i got around eighty something - did anyone else get that too?
Original post by FummyJr
Yeah, this is correct.
The forces are A) not of the same type and B) acting on the same object

Ah good, would I have got b) as that isn't exactly what I meant?
remember when q1 was supposed to be the easiest question >.>
Original post by frozo123
don't you need an A*? I'm sure you'll get it

Nope, can get them in Further Maths and Chemistry

However even if I did do badly in this, and got like a C, it'd still be okay for an A* because I'm going to do papers for before G485.

This exam I did a paper last week or more ago, but then nothing between then and the exam
The question stated the gases mixed so the volume combine
Original post by s081013
for the number of moles in total, i got around eighty something - did anyone else get that too?

Yep: 45 original + 41.07 helium?
Original post by s081013

86 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Room Student
Yep: 45 original + 41.07 helium?

yep :biggrin:

yeah i think i got that too :biggrin:
Original post by Oraeng
Ah good, would I have got b) as that isn't exactly what I meant?

Ah, maybe not. Its because they act on different objects, the NCR is actually a force on the moon.
Original post by sagar448
First question don't know

Second was keplers which was easy...

Third propulsion one was easy

velocity graph thing was easy but I said the amplitude decreased and drew decreased amplitude but not decreasing over time.

messed up on the resonance graph (didn't come to mind)

rest was easy, you had to add the volumes at the end and the moles since i remember it clearly asking the pressure of the system!

what did people say for the why temperature increase wouldn't be like this in real?

so it was 45 add 45 for the moles?
Original post by chukster97

Yes
Reply 1533

45+41.07

45 + 41 = 86.
for the describe how the acceleration changes over the course of 0ms to 10ms, i said that the rate of the increase of acceleration is constant from 0 to 3ms, then the rate of increase is reduced from 3 to 6ms, and from 6ms to 10ms, the acceleration decreased (which sounded really weird but i didn't really know how else to phrase it... oh well)

is that okay?
Original post by SH0405
45 + 41 = 86.

where was the 41? i dont remember seeing that
Original post by s081013

Yup, I got 81 moles total i think. Not sure about the volume but I added both of them together.
Reply 1538
where was the 41? i dont remember seeing that

work it out from pressure and volume of cylinder
Was it conservation of momentum when we were working out the acceleration of the spacecraft? PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS

Latest

Trending

Trending